Swapped Acer's HDD with Dell's HDD, now Intel Graphics Controller and NVIDIA inoperative

AndroFan
AndroFan Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Due to some reason, has to swap Acer's HDD with Dell's HDD (friends' HDD) to make laptop (Acer E5-573G) to boot. gave Acer laptop for servicing and cleaning. Due to some reasons, the laptop was rejecting its own HDD. But accepted my friend's laptop's HDD. 
The Windows 10 installation is there and all the data is present.
Did Windows 10 update too.
But the Intel Graphics Control Panel crashes. How to fix?

Also, can't update Nvidia drivers and Control Panel app.
Acer drivers website does not have these two drivers listed.

Where can I download Intel Graphics Controller and NVIDIA drivers?

Also, I don't really see any difference in using Intel's dedicated graphics and Nvivia graphics. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    AndroFan 

Please uninstall and reinstall the display adapter driver and check the issue.
    Right-click on the Start button on the taskbar and then click Device Manager.
    Expand Display adapters, Right-click on the graphics card entry and then click Uninstall device option. 
    When you get the following confirmation dialog, select Delete the driver software for this device check box and then click Uninstall button. Once the driver is uninstalled, reboot your computer once and let windows install the driver.

Download and install the chipset, Intel & Nvidia driver. If you have any issues install the Intel and Nvidia driver manually.
    Chipset : Download
    Intel : Download
    Nvidia : Download
    Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.  Open Device Manager, click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.  Expand the section that needs the driver or device with yellow exclamation mark.
    Right-click and select Update Driver Software. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
    Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    Click Have Disk. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are located.
    Click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
    Restart your computer. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!