ICONS MISSING

sjriz
sjriz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

Before the most recent Windows 10 update if I clicked on the tray speaker a slide bar would pop up. I could adjust the volume or mute it. That function is (usually) still on when I first boot up but I soon lose it and have to use Fn + speaker icon.

Before the most recent Windows 10 update if I pressed Num Lock a gray shadowed lock appeared on my desktop. I may have also had a Caps Lock icon, no sure. The gray shadowed lock no longer appears.

I've updated screen and speaker drivers.

A Microsoft tech remotely also updated the speaker driver and said I won't have that problem. It's too soon to tell.

He said gray shadowed lock no longer appearing is an issue that may have been triggered by the update but cannot be resolved by MS. It is one that my laptop manufacturer ACER might help me with. (Unlikely because the unit is 6 years old.)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    If you had system protection enabled, you might have a Win10update restore point to go back to. Search Control Panel/Settings for "restore point". It wouild help to know your full ACER model number. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ