predator G3-571 dosent charge while playig games

medokhedr
medokhedr Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
whenever I open a game such as the witcher 3 or DOOM my acer predator helios 300 stops charging whenever I open a game when I close it dosent charge either until I take the AC cable off then on again and restart my comuter

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    medokhedr said:
    whenever I open a game such as the witcher 3 or DOOM my acer predator helios 300 stops charging whenever I open a game when I close it dosent charge either until I take the AC cable off then on again and restart my comuter

Whenever any game or any software demands significant power that strains the CPU/GPU, to an extent that the charger cannot handle, laptop tends to use both A/C as well as battery power.

1060 and i7 are both power hogs, and your supplied charger, based on region, supplies a maximum of 180W. This is not sufficient to power all components when running at full capacity.

Power from charger is first used to power components as needed, with the remaining utilized to charge battery.
    If components use less that what charger supplies, the excess charges battery.
    If components use same as what charger supplies, there is no excess and so battery is not charged.
    If components use more that what charger supplies, power from battery is used along with A/C to compensate for the shortcoming.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • medokhedr
    medokhedr Member Posts: 4 New User
    sri369 said:
    medokhedr said:

Whenever any game or any software demands significant power that strains the CPU/GPU, to an extent that the charger cannot handle, laptop tends to use both A/C as well as battery power.

1060 and i7 are both power hogs, and your supplied charger, based on region, supplies a maximum of 180W. This is not sufficient to power all components when running at full capacity.

Power from charger is first used to power components as needed, with the remaining utilized to charge battery.
    If components use less that what charger supplies, the excess charges battery.
    If components use same as what charger supplies, there is no excess and so battery is not charged.
    If components use more that what charger supplies, power from battery is used along with A/C to compensate for the shortcoming.
    Thank you but this is not what I am talking about the charger simply disconnects like its not plugged in. But in the case you are talking about it lose charge while the battery says plugged in.