Z35 vertical purple and green lines

SS713
SS713 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Hello, I have been using my z35 monitor for about a month, and now there are purple and green vertical lines that appear after it has been on for a while. I have to mess around with the angle of the monitor to get them to go away, and I even unscrewed the mount to see if that would fix it, but that just makes it worse. The monitor will also not turn on sometimes if i unplug the power cable, and will show a black screen with only the blue power led on, I have to either wait until it decides to turn on, or tip it on its back and insert the power cable, which weirdly makes it fully turn on right. The lines seem to get worse if I have the monitor all the way up to 200hz, so I usually just keep it at 120hz.

I have tried multiple outlets, and also ordered a new power cable from amazon that claimed it was for this monitor ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VWDX9X1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ), but that one wouldn't even work.

Is there possibly a fix without shipping it back to Acer?
Thank you for your time, have a good day!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    >>>The monitor will also not turn on sometimes if i unplug the power cable>>>

Why do you expect that it will turn on if the power cable is unplugged? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SS713
    SS713 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sorry for the bad wording, what I meant was if I unplug the power cable from the monitor while its working and then plug it back in, it will just show a black screen with the blue power button.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Not a good practice to "hot" un-plug/re-plug a device when it's connected!!!! This will NOT fix the vertical lines that you describe. Why did you do this? Rather than mess around with this any longer, I suggest that you arrange for warranty service ASAP to fix the vertical line issue. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• startekselva
    startekselva Member Posts: 3 New User
    then its time for RMA