G9-793 i7-7700hq 1070

mbakk
mbakk Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello!

So i just bought the predator G9-793 i7-770hq gtx1070.

This morning i figured i wanted to see how Destiny 2 was on pc compared to on the one x, needless to say i was shocked at hos good it looked. So after finishing 7cabal the computer froze, audio, keyboard everyting, on the screen it showed lots of lightblue dots(pixels) all over the place. the pc didnt react to anything so a hard-reset was the only way to go. Upon restart on the bios splashscreen, just as the dots started circling right before win10 boot it froze again, and again with the blue dots. i have tried the pinhole to disconnect the power from the battery, tried to reset windows to a previous build and delete all personal files. it will boot in safe mode but thats it. bios version is 1.13 and i have no idea what to try next. any bright ideas will be much appreciated!

thanks!

Best Answer

• Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    mbakk said:
    So i managed to reinstall a fresh copy of win10. Started downloading chrome and the computer froze again. And again in the same manner as before. Totaly stop and blue lines/pixels all over the place. And again im now stuck on the bios splash screen where it freezes and hangs about for 2-3min before it reeboots..
    Blue pixels/Ines concern as it may be related to the GPU, especially as it's now a clean install, equally one would expect the computer to restart after a full shutdown, not instantly freeze at the boot screen.

BIOS 1.13 shouldn't present any issue, with latest version of W10, you may have to consider a hardware issue is at hand :/

Q-6

Answers

• Queen6
    You can verify Windows as follows:

Check for corrupt system files by opening the Command  Prompt (under Administrator) type sfc /scannow  This will search and fix some errors if uncorrectable the system will advise. 

The Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool can repair deeper issues, however you will need a decent connection and the Windows Update client must be functional. 

Quick check - Command  Prompt (under Administrator) type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
    Deeper Scan - Command  Prompt (under Administrator) type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
    Will Repair & modify any errors - Command Prompt (under Administrator) type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

Some commands will take time to execute so you need to exercise patience. If this works, update all via Windows Update and monitor the temperatures, ensure the notebook has good air circulation, raise the rear aprox 1 inch of place on a cooler.

Q-6
  • mbakk

Thank you! i will look into this.

But this is all stuff i can do from safemode with networking?

• Queen6
    Should do, but personally never had reason to.  SFC doesn't require a connection DISM does, however you can also use DISM the Microsoft W10 ISO, however more complex.  I had corrupted system image files on my other 17" DISM resolved all online.

Q-6
  • mbakk
    Well *****. On restorehealth and scanhealth i get error saying «dism failed. No operation was performed» errorcode 0x80000ffff at 91,5%
  • Queen6
    Windows Update/System Restore is broken or DISM is not able to connect to the service.  You may have to restore from an ISO which documented in the link below.  Did SFC throw up any errors?

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image 

If possible run the Acer Recovery Management and create a Factory Default Backup if not already done.  Blue dots are something else, potentially related to the GPU & driver.  Also worth checking the boot drive for errors.

Q-6

• JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    You need to make a fresh install of win10.
  • mbakk
    Working on that ATM. Making a bootable USB from Mac is a real pain btw😂 started the fresh install now but it is lacking some drivers..
  • mbakk
    So i managed to reinstall a fresh copy of win10. Started downloading chrome and the computer froze again. And again in the same manner as before. Totaly stop and blue lines/pixels all over the place. And again im now stuck on the bios splash screen where it freezes and hangs about for 2-3min before it reeboots..
  • Queen6
    Answer ✓
    mbakk said:
    Blue pixels/Ines concern as it may be related to the GPU, especially as it's now a clean install, equally one would expect the computer to restart after a full shutdown, not instantly freeze at the boot screen.

BIOS 1.13 shouldn't present any issue, with latest version of W10, you may have to consider a hardware issue is at hand :/

Q-6
  • mbakk
    Queen6 said:
    mbakk said:

Q-6
    Well *****. 5 days of use and i have to ship it back to Acer for god knows how long.
    Thanks for the help btw, you have been most helpfull in this dire time!
  • Queen6
    edited June 2018
    mbakk said:
    Queen6 said:
    mbakk said:

Q-6
    Well *****. 5 days of use and i have to ship it back to Acer for god knows how long.
    Thanks for the help btw, you have been most helpfull in this dire time!

Ask Acer for a "new" replacement or refund, be polite, remain firm bottom line is, Acer's product failed you.  If I'm paying top dollar for the product, I most certainly do not expect a refurbished/reworked replacement, I expect exactly what's on the "label" no more, no less...

If purchased on credit card, and your not satisfied speak about reversing charges as you have not received what you paid for simple as that.  The failure of such devices lies firmly with the provider, not the customer.

Q-6
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Queen6 said:
    If purchased on credit card, and your not satisfied speak about reversing charges as you have not received what you paid for simple as that.  The failure of such devices lies firmly with the provider, not the customer.
    Q-6
    @mbakk
    I had to do this once when some X store did not allow me return a TV I purchased with a manufacturing physical defect and tried to push the blame on me. But when the CC person sent them a letter about the same, they promptly replaced it without a second question.

But keep in mind, this is the last resort. When you talk to customer care, be polite and courteous.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • mbakk
    Ofc, bedring rude rarely makes it easier to get your way. Talked to the electronics store i bought it from and they agreed to take it back (60days open purchase) and ship me a new or similar product replacement