How to mount Acer SA24Y - Monitor has no holes for bracket.

Wall2
Wall2 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hi!

Hoping I can get some help to my problem. I have 2 Aver SA24Y monitors, and I am trying to mount them to a bracket, but I am having some issue. Silly me went and purchased the bracket before even checking my monitor, so now I have realized I have no way to do this. I have been looking at the VESA mount adapters, however I can't seem to find one for my exact monitor. 

Any help?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    I can't find any information on a SA24Y monitor. Are you sure you have the right model number?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Wall2 
    Acer products use a 100mm x 100mm VESA mount that is secured to the monitor with four M4 screws that are 10mm in length. Some models require removal of the monitor stand to access the mounting holes. If your product does not have the screw holes indicated by red squares in the image below, it may not support VESA mounting.

If your monitor model number is SA240Y, this does not have a VESA wall mount.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Wall2
    Sharanji said:
    Wall2 
    Acer products use a 100mm x 100mm VESA mount that is secured to the monitor with four M4 screws that are 10mm in length. Some models require removal of the monitor stand to access the mounting holes. If your product does not have the screw holes indicated by red squares in the image below, it may not support VESA mounting.

If your monitor model number is SA240Y, this does not have a VESA wall mount.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    HI! Sorry for the incorrect model number, it was quite late when I made the thread. It is in fact SA240Y. So because there is no Vesa Adapter, does this mean I can not attach a back-plate for it? Quite annoying that several Acer Monitors don't have any place for a back-plate to be installed.
  • Wall2
    billsey said:
    I can't find any information on a SA24Y monitor. Are you sure you have the right model number?
    Hi, sorry the correct model number is SA240Y
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Yes, unfortunately the SA240Y does not have a VESA mount. The easiest solution is just to place the two monitors side by side. If you really, really need them both to be on the same dual monitor mount you'll have to get creative. I visualize something like an epoxy holding the VESA mount to the curved surface on the back of the monitor, but you'll have to be very careful regarding the weight.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Chrissiek
    Chrissiek Member Posts: 1 New User
    Im not sure if this can help you, but what about using the vesa mount adapter? You can look for it on the internet
  • trixiecof
    trixiecof Member Posts: 2 New User
    My veriton computer came with a mount but monitor has no holes to mount it.  The monitor is an acerB246W LED 24 inch.  so what is my best option to mount computer to the back of it?