Veriton M430G P01-B3C1 BIOS is valid?

TGabor
TGabor Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I recently bought a used Veriton M430G desktop PC. When I checked the BIOS in the setup I was surprised because the BIOS version was P01-B3C1 (date: 07/15/2011).
There is no such a BIOS in the Acer official page! I asked the shop where I bought it. They say that they did not modify the BIOS. The official last BIOS for this PC is P01-B4. Somebody knows somethig about this BIOS (P01-B3C1)? Should I modify for the official one? The PC is working normally, but it can be a little more quiet.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    TGabor 

This could be the factory shipped BIOS version. Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution.

P01.xx can only be updated only using P01.xx versions
    "L" BIOS versions are Linux OS dedicated (example P01.xxL)

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • TGabor
    Sharanji said:
    TGabor 

This could be the factory shipped BIOS version. Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution.

Thank for the answer. I know the differenties betwen the Windows and Linux BIOS versions. I use Windows. If it sure, that this BIOS is factory shipped, then I won't change it. But I did not find any info about it.
  • TGabor
    edited February 2019
    TGabor said:
    Sharanji said:
    TGabor 

Thank for the answer. I know the differenties betwen the Windows and Linux BIOS versions. I use Windows. If it sure, that this BIOS is factory shipped, then I won't change it. But I did not find any info about it.
    I changed to the P01.B4 BIOS because the PC is not so silent. The CPU Cooling Fan controll setted Smart. The CPU temperature is usually below 30 Celsius. The CPU coolinng fan is 1795 RPM (and this causes the noise). I cann not anderstand why not decreeses the RPM becace it would be enough for cooling. The BIOS change does not change this behavior. Somebody can help me?