2 windows boot manager in boot menu and the bootable usb not showing to run other os

Rodrigo1233
Rodrigo1233 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, recently i formated a notebook, but i want to instal deepin 15.3 on the hd and remove windows (this is easy i know how to do), but i have a problem... when i open boot menu, the boot menu shows 2 windows boot managers, and dont show the bootable usb, i tried with 3 usbs, i tried fat32, i tried disable the secure boot,i tried put a password to acess bios, i tried use the ufei but the linux deepin file dont show a efi file, ive tried burn the iso files with rufus, unetbootin and the booter usb of linux... the laptop is a switch 11, and i dont know how the bios work because its very simple bios, and i dont know when is the legacy mode. overall, i need help to run the bootable usb on that laptop because its impossible (for me i think) (when i open boot menu it shows 2 windows boot managers and dont show my usb ) ps: i have the boot order with the usb cdroom (the boot priority only shows usb hdd usb cd room windows boot manager and network boot piv4)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Was USB installation iso stick GPT-partitioned FAT32-formatted with Rufus? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rodrigo1233
    Rodrigo1233 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes, ive formater with the 3 programs that ive mentioned, but didnt workd
  • JackE
    >>>I remove windows (this is easy i know how to do), but i have a problem... when i open boot menu, the boot menu shows 2 windows boot managers>>>

OK. Please tell me how you removed Windows. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pradeep123
    Pradeep123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My boot menu not showing UfEI options :'(:s 
  • JackE
    That's because some newer machines are UEFI mode only with no option to change it to Legacy mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ