Predator Helios 300 when I enter any game the charger turn off and on

Options
Ammar_QC
Ammar_QC Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
The charger work normally but when I enter any game the charger starts to turn on and off frequently until it turns off even after I have changed the Ac Adapter it still the same.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Ammar_QC 
    For some Helios model, when your computer requires more power than the AC adapter can provide, it will stop charging to allow it to draw additional power from the battery. The system will resume charging the battery when the power demands are lower. This may occur during heavy gaming sessions.
    If the battery discharges below 30% while using the AC adapter, the system will stop using power from the battery until the charge is above 40% again.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Ammar_QC said:
    The charger work normally but when I enter any game the charger starts to turn on and off frequently until it turns off even after I have changed the Ac Adapter it still the same.
    When more power is needed than what the power supply can supply, it uses battery too as a hybrid source of power. This does not happen 100% of time you play or work. This only happens more like in spots here n there while playing based on load.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Ammar_QC
    Ammar_QC Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Actually, it happens all the time whenever I plug the charger to play a game, even when the charged at 100% its steel the same I'm wondering how to fix it? Note: the charger is working normally when I close the game.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Ammar_QC said:
    Actually, it happens all the time whenever I plug the charger to play a game, even when the charged at 100% its steel the same I'm wondering how to fix it? Note: the charger is working normally when I close the game.
    Unfortunately, I don't think there is a fix for this... unless you choose to play less intensive games. Also try undervolting to reduce power usage.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045