FPS Drop/ Stuttering when connecting external monitor. Laptop- H300 g3-572

Options
Anuj_Jena
Anuj_Jena Member Posts: 23 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
When I am playing any game on the laptop monitor the game runs absolutely fine, without any stuttering or FPS drop.
However, when I connect a 1080p monitor or any monitor, I suffer from FPS drop and stuttering. From 100+ FPS to 7 FPS.
This does not happen once, it happens for a short period of time(10s) then it comes back to normal 100+ FPS, then again drops to 7 FPS, and the cycle continues.
This issue was not happening before, until recent. All drivers updated.

HELIOS 300 g3-572
16GB RAM

Best Answers

• adamo000
    adamo000 Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    On latest Windows 10 Insider Preview i noticed something similar. It's happening when I play games in full screen mode or just.. play youtube on full screen. Maybe there is a problem with W10 updated? 
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    Anuj_Jena 

Please try these suggestions.
    Try to disable the "hardware acceleration"  for your browser.
    If  "hardware acceleration" enabled in Chrome, disable that option in Chrome settings, then a reboot or sign out and back in to check the stuttering and lag,
    Also, the updated version of  Intel HD Graphics display driver could cause the stuttering, roll back the Intel HD driver to an older version and check the issue.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Anuj_Jena
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well, after reading your comment @adamo000 I tried running the game on Windowed mode and Borderless, and it worked fine, no lag, no stuttering.
    The fulscreen mode seems to be the problem.

Answers

• adamo000
    Answer ✓
    Options
    On latest Windows 10 Insider Preview i noticed something similar. It's happening when I play games in full screen mode or just.. play youtube on full screen. Maybe there is a problem with W10 updated? 
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    Anuj_Jena 

Please try these suggestions.
    Try to disable the "hardware acceleration"  for your browser.
    If  "hardware acceleration" enabled in Chrome, disable that option in Chrome settings, then a reboot or sign out and back in to check the stuttering and lag,
    Also, the updated version of  Intel HD Graphics display driver could cause the stuttering, roll back the Intel HD driver to an older version and check the issue.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Anuj_Jena
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well, after reading your comment @adamo000 I tried running the game on Windowed mode and Borderless, and it worked fine, no lag, no stuttering.
    The fulscreen mode seems to be the problem.
  • adamo000
    Options
    I noticed that problem when I was playing Crysis 1. That was something new, because almost whole game everything worked excellent. 
    Problem with YouTube let me think that there is something wrong with my system.
    Restarting PC with connected external monitor as second screen only mode helped till next external monitor disconnect. This is simple workaround of this issue works for me.