how to turn on my laptop, if i have troubled with the keyboard (Acer Aspire E5-475G)

Andri_desu
Andri_desu Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
hi, everyone..

i need your help..
My laptop can't turn on, i don't know why..

yesterday I used it still can, but I had time to changed the keyboard driver and there is writing "the driver is not compatible" and I forgot to return it as it was..

after I change the keyboard driver, the keyboard becomes not working to turn on the laptop..
I think the problem is on the keyboard or on the keyboard driver (because the turn on button is on the keyboard)

do you guys have a solution to this problem..?
i need help..

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Press & hold the power button for at least 5 seconds till the machine is completely turned off. Then try to turn it back on again. If there is no keyboard hardware problem, Windows should re-detect the keyboard and automatically re-install the correct driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Andri_desu
    I can not do it, because the state of my laptop is off..

after I changed the driver, I turned off the laptop and forgot to replace the driver that is not compatible,

i pressed the power button but it doesn't turn on as well, before I could.
    before I change the driver.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    If your laptop is in hibernation mode, maybe it is possible to not be able to turn on the laptop if the keyboard driver is the problem. For this try resetting the battery and then try to power on - follow the instructions from the link: 
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Andri_desu
    I'm still confused by the way given..
    whether I need to press the power button or not and whether I need to connect the AC adapter or not..?
    or my laptop will turn on with its own..?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Just press & hold the power button with or without the adapter connected for a longer time. For about a minute. Then try to turn it back on. If it still doesn't turn on, then you must disconnect the battery from the mainboard in order to try to reset the machine since it does not have a battery reset pinhole. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ