Which processor works with the Acer Predator G3-710 motherboard?

helgejul
helgejul Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
I got a  Acer Predator G3-710 motherboard and i wanna upgrade my Intel Core i5-6400 Processor. What processors work with my motherboard?.
i am thinking about to buy a i7 7700 or 8700 processor and i want to know if my motherboard can handle it.(i dont know alot about computers i just want them to work)

Best Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    helgejul 

This model has Processor with LGA 1151 socket type
    • Supports the following Intel Kabylake-S processors:
    – Intel Core i7 7700K 4.2G 8M 2400 Quad Core 95W
    – Intel Core i5 7600K 3.8G 8M 2400 Quad Core 95W

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    Actually 7th gen CPUs won't work, because the BIOS doesn't support them and it can't be updated. The CPUs you can install should be 6th generation. 
    There is no point having an overclockable CPU, as the motherboard doesn't support overclocking. The best CPU you can go for is i7-6700.

To check if your motherboard supports overclocking use HWiNFO. If the name of the motherboard/chipset doesn't begin with z(e.g z170) the motherboard doesn't support overclocking and you won't get that extra power from the i7-6700k.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    helgejul 

This model has Processor with LGA 1151 socket type
    • Supports the following Intel Kabylake-S processors:
    – Intel Core i7 7700K 4.2G 8M 2400 Quad Core 95W
    – Intel Core i5 7600K 3.8G 8M 2400 Quad Core 95W

• ven98
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    Actually 7th gen CPUs won't work, because the BIOS doesn't support them and it can't be updated. The CPUs you can install should be 6th generation. 
    There is no point having an overclockable CPU, as the motherboard doesn't support overclocking. The best CPU you can go for is i7-6700.

To check if your motherboard supports overclocking use HWiNFO. If the name of the motherboard/chipset doesn't begin with z(e.g z170) the motherboard doesn't support overclocking and you won't get that extra power from the i7-6700k.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Peperoni
    Peperoni Member Posts: 3 New User
    do you need to do a BIOS-update for installing a i7-6700?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Nope, not in a 6th gen motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sepan008
    Sepan008 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Ok so I have "Intel B150 (Skylake PCH-H)" chipset, and I'm trying to upgrade my CPU to i5 9600k. Would it work? And also overclocking it to 4.6 GHz?
    The system is Acer Predator G3 710.
  • ven98
    ven98 said:

I believe this answers your question.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Sepan008
    Sepan008 Member Posts: 3 New User
    So I believe the answer is no, and the only why is to change the motherboard? 
  • ven98
    Yes, the only way is to change the motherboard. Additionally, gen9 intel CPUs are only supported by 300 series chipsets, so it won't work on B150.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Xapet
    Xapet Member Posts: 1 New User
    Does the motherboard also suport a 

Intel Core i7 6800K

• billsey
    @Xapet it depends on which G3-710 you have. The earlier ones used 6th gen chips and supported the 1151 socket processors, the later ones used 7th gen and needed 7th gen processors. Specifically the i7-6800K uses a different socket so won't work with either. If yours has the 6th gen I believe the i7-6700K is as high as you can go.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Holdie
    Holdie Member Posts: 4 New User
    helgejul said:
    I got a  Acer Predator G3-710 motherboard and i wanna upgrade my Intel Core i5-6400 Processor. What processors work with my motherboard?.
    i am thinking about to buy a i7 7700 or 8700 processor and i want to know if my motherboard can handle it.(i dont know alot about computers i just want them to work)
    Hi there, just wondering if you ended up upgrading to the i7 6700 and if you've had success doing it? I wanted to upgrade but I'm a little weary because it's a pre-built.
  • Lord_Ren
    Lord_Ren Member Posts: 2 New User
    hi, i have the Acer g3-710 also, it came with i5 7400 and GTX 1070 and 8 GB of ram, what Processors can i upgrade this too please also what Ram would this take?
  • billsey
    @Lord_Ren since yours has the 7th gen processors, you can put another 7th gen in. You have the i5-7400 so can easily bump it to an i7-7700 Going to an i7-7700K might mean a change to the cooling since that one pulls more juice (65W to 91W is about a 50% increase in power, needing a 50% increase in cooling).
  • Lord_Ren
    Lord_Ren Member Posts: 2 New User
    thank you, what about ram? i would like to push it to 16gb too please :)
  • billsey
    Ok, your uses DDR4 2400MHz memory and you can use 4, 8 or 16GB sticks. IIRC you have four sockets, so 64GB memory max. Check to see which you have now (likely 2x4GB) and decide if you want to do incremental changes or everything at once. I run 32GB in my desktop with 4x8GB sticks.