What is in the 1GB Recovery Partition ?

XdxDXdxD Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor
In Disk Management, I see a Recovery Partition of 1GB. But I have no option to restore (not reset) in Acer Care Centre. What is that "1GB Recovery partition" meant for? I already have created a recovery drive so don't tell me how to create one! My previous PC was a Sony Vaio which had its own Recovery with which I could go to factory installed Windows. It also installed the drivers and the softwares. I just want to know.
Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!

FAQ & Answers

  • SharanjiSharanji ACE Posts: 4,186 Pathfinder
    Hi @XdxD

    Type Recovery in the search box. Click Acer Recovery Management and check if you get optiosn to restore your computer.

    The recovery partition is usually the OEM partition, if some how in future you get into a trouble you can use recovery partition to set your windows back to where it was when you bought it. Deleting the recovery partition may free up space, but it will make doing a factory reset an absolute pain. This partition contains all windows files, drivers and all the applications which were installed on the system when it was manufactured.

    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • sri369sri369 ACE Posts: 1,985 Pathfinder
    Windows uses that partition to store OEM information to patch windows post install. Do NOT delete it, without making any backup. Plus of the so many hundreds of GB available, this 1 GB blocked won't matter much.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

    ---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/30914801



  • FredinBroomeFredinBroome Member Posts: 23 Networker
    In the old days you received a hard copy of windows and a utility drivers and software CD with your laptop purchase. Nowadays its all on the recovery partition
  • XdxDXdxD Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor
    Sharanji said:
    Hi @XdxD

    Type Recovery in the search box. Click Acer Recovery Management and check if you get optiosn to restore your computer.

    The recovery partition is usually the OEM partition, if some how in future you get into a trouble you can use recovery partition to set your windows back to where it was when you bought it. Deleting the recovery partition may free up space, but it will make doing a factory reset an absolute pain. This partition contains all windows files, drivers and all the applications which were installed on the system when it was manufactured.

    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    I only have the reset option but no restore option.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • XdxDXdxD Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor
    sri369 said:
    Windows uses that partition to store OEM information to patch windows post install. Do NOT delete it, without making any backup. Plus of the so many hundreds of GB available, this 1 GB blocked won't matter much.
    OK. But shouldn't it be able to restore back to factory default settings?

    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • XdxDXdxD Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor
    When I received this PC, it was running on 1703 build and I updated it to 1709 En-GB using an ISO and not Windows Update. Could that be a problem?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • sri369sri369 ACE Posts: 1,985 Pathfinder
    XdxD said:
    When I received this PC, it was running on 1703 build and I updated it to 1709 En-GB using an ISO and not Windows Update. Could that be a problem?
    Shouldn't matter.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

    ---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/30914801



  • BrewerMBBrewerMB Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, Could someone tell me how to remove the backup partition to free up the space it uses, I have made an independent back up file. 
  • xapimxapim ACE Posts: 6,003 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019
    I dont have that partition weird at least its not 1gb my oem partition its only 500mb :p






    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

    UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

    I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

    Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969145569968592/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  


  • xapimxapim ACE Posts: 6,003 Pathfinder
    @BrewerMB easeus partition master just delete it and then merge/expand the space into an existing one


    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

    UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

    I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

    Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969145569968592/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  


Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online1.8K

Acer-Erick
Acer-Erick
Acer-Harvey
Acer-Harvey
Acer-Manny
Acer-Manny
Alfredo_
Alfredo_
BARJUJU
BARJUJU
batmalin
batmalin
benluyp
benluyp
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
Dziugas
Dziugas
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
Landro
Landro
MarcoMendes7
MarcoMendes7
papacapi
papacapi
Reinholdx
Reinholdx
STOPchris
STOPchris
Sumanth
Sumanth
TanmayGangwar
TanmayGangwar
Tomaslanza
Tomaslanza
whosjeebus
whosjeebus
+1.8K Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Assistance by Acer


Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos