XG270HU 1440p 144hz screen flashing during games.

Roadhouse
Roadhouse Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Hello all. So I switched my settings in Windows to 144hz. Everything is fine when browsing or when on the desktop. When I open games however I notice a slight white flickering on the screen when moving the mouse or at certain times. Its feint but noticeable. I have the most current AMD drivers for my vega 56. I tested this on another monitor and it is not happening on that one that is also 144hz with freesync.

- Are there any monitor settings that can be causing this?
- Are there known issues with this when it comes to Vega and freesync?

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Roadhouse
    It seems like its the backlight flickering almost. I tried downloading and installing the drivers for this monitor but the zip file that it downloaded doesn't actually contain anything to install from the acer website.
  • Roadhouse
    Sorry for the comment spam as it wont let me edit my posts. 

UPDATE: I turned off Freesync in AMD settings and the flickering went away. This seems to be a freesync issue. Very unfortunate. Now to decide if I want to return it or not for freesync (which is part of the reason I bought this). The monitor still looks great and runs nicely but with freesync not working properly it is kinda frustrating.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    There's some suggestions in link below.  Ultimately you may have to contact Acer Support if the suggestions in link below don't work. 

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/365477/xg270hu-random-flickering-over-60hz

I'm not an Acer employee.