Empty drive has space issue??

Scott3232
Scott3232 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 and I just got a notification that my D drive is running out of space, but when I go to clean it it shows as empty.  I checked the properties and it does appear that it is getting full with something.  Any thoughts on what to do?

Thanks,
Scott

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Scott3232 
    Is the D driver the recovery partition of your device?
    Please try this step, When the low disc space message appears, open the Action Center (last icon in the taskbar next to the clock).  Right click on the low disc space notification and you can click "hide notifications from this app.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Scott3232
    Ok great I'll do so the next time it pops up.  I never configured the D drive to be the recovery partition.  I checked at over 450 MB are used and only 37 MB are available.  Anything I should do to clean it up?
  • Scott3232
    Hi, I haven't heard back regarding my last question and the drive full warning is still popping up. Thanks!
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Scott3232 said:
    Hi, I haven't heard back regarding my last question and the drive full warning is still popping up. Thanks!
    Scott3232 
    Sorry for the late response!
    Proceed with caution. Make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
    Click START–>RUN and type REGEDIT. Click OK.
    Click the plus sign next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    then SOFTWARE
    then Microsoft
    then Windows
    then CurrentVersion
    then Policies
    then Explorer if it exists. If it doesn't, right-click Policies and select New->Key and Name it Explorer
    HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    Double-click on NoLowDiskSpaceChecks if it exists. If it doesn't, right-click on ADVANCED and Select NEW–>DWORD VALUE and name it NoLowDiskSpaceChecks
    Set this value to 1 to disable the low disk space warning message.
    Close the Windows registry to save your changes
    Reboot

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!