Some Keys are working intermittently on Acer Aspire A515-51G

2»

Answers

• PhilipS7BE
    PhilipS7BE Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

Yeah that's all that it would be from there.
  • erickgued
    erickgued Member Posts: 3 New User
    i have the same problema !!!!! 
  • PhilipS7BE

Tinkerer

Yeah it really needs fixed by Acer, it is a big hassle to deal with. 
  • harjap098
    harjap098 Member Posts: 1 New User
    su4232 said:
    From past 2 month, (Laptop is 8 months old), 1-3-t-u & p keys on keyboard are not working properly, sometimes they work, sometimes I have to stroke it multiple times to register.

This is not related to software as tried on Windows 10, Ubuntu, etc. External Keyboard works fine.

Please suggest.

Hey! Has your problem been fixed? because i kinda have the same problem i even replaced the keyboard from acer as i had a warranty but still after 5-6 days problem continues
  • PhilipS7BE

Tinkerer

No, problem still exists. I believe it is a faulty keyboard, I returned mine too, and it also happened to new one. I updated all drivers, didn't help either. Glad to se you tried different OS, more proof it is a keyboard hardware issue. I have seen others say external keyboard works fine too. It is quit clear it is a bad keyboard, Acer really needs to fix this. 
  • Bubblegum
    Bubblegum Member Posts: 3 New User
    I got my Laptop back today from Acer Repair Centre. The keyboard was replaced. Currently it works fine and I hope the problem does not occur again...
  • rihas11
    rihas11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2019
    This issue Even Persist Now , Keys Like...Ctrl,s,2,o,p,bckspc,etc..works intermittently ...
    I brought this Acer Nitro series laptop in first week of June..Actually their hardware quality i really really bad in all manner...Lot of acer laptops are getting complained... i brought this bcz its a budget one ..But My fate stuck with this...
  • Daredevil1994
    Daredevil1994 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

facing same problem with my AN-515-52 certain keys not working.
  • Amit_srivastava
    Amit_srivastava Member Posts: 1 New User
    Bubblegum said:
    Is there still no solution from Acer for this Problem? I have the same issue on my A515-51G (Bought in January 2018). But I don't want to send it to Acer Repair Center again. It was there the last month, I got a new Display.
    I recognised the keyboard problem the first time a few weeks ago. But currently it is really annoying using the keyboard. In my special case I think the letters t, u, p, j and the 5 (in the number pad) are affected. Sometimes the keys work perfectly, but then they stop working for a few seconds. And after that they work as though nothing had happened.

Did anyone send the laptop to Acer and is satisfied with the result (new keyboard or the like)?

Same laptop bought on june 2018. On nov 2018 I Send laptop once for the same issue to the service center and they replaced the keyboard. And now it all started again and as I had extended warranty so now they are saying to replace the keyboard again
  • MrB234
    MrB234 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2021
    I just fixed my keyboard by removing the cover and cleaning the ribbon cable with isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab. A few random keys didn't work but now all are functioning again. 

//Edited the content to hide user name.
  • Somboo
    Somboo Member Posts: 3 New User
    I'm having the same problem but on different keys. For me it's l, o, p, ., ', and 9. I've had this Acer Aspire E5-575G for at least 5 years now. I only started having the problem about a week ago. Doesn't work on Arch Linux, BIOS (for password on boot), or Windows. I'm gonna take a stab at fixing it myself but it's a weird problem and is indeed hardware related, not software.
  • Potatomancer
    Potatomancer Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

any luck on fixing it? Acer refuses to admit it's a problem even with all these reports.