is there any way to add 2nd ssd without bracket????

asad814
asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
i havnt found ssd bracket in my country i have tried everything but failed...so is there any alternative to this?

Best Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The 2nd ssd rests at the top of the other. By using the thermal pads(or other non-conductive substannce) you will close the gap between the SSDs and then stick them to each with the tape.

What queen6 meant is to use plastic to create something similar to the bracket out of it, which can be used to hold the SSD. 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    asad814 said:
    queen6 i didnt get you can you explain..
    ven98 i will give it a try but how can i use double sided tape in between two ssd's is there any room for that??
    Just buy something and cut it to your needs, as it's basically just like flexible plastic.  I'd want some airflow around the SSD's especially if NVMe as they can and do get hot.

Q-6

Answers

• ven98
    Maybe you can use some thermal pads and double sided tape to stick the 2nd M.2 SSD on the first one. 
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Queen6
    Personally I'd just fabricate one out of something like polypropylene, it's lightweight, flexible & durable, nor conductive.   Bracket is just for retention, not load bearing, couple of screws and your done :) Pretty common stuff with the likes of food containers, kids toys etc. made from it, easy to cut and shape.

Q-6 
  • asad814
    ven98 i will give it a try but how can i use double sided tape in between two ssd's is there any room for that??
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    The 2nd ssd rests at the top of the other. By using the thermal pads(or other non-conductive substannce) you will close the gap between the SSDs and then stick them to each with the tape.

What queen6 meant is to use plastic to create something similar to the bracket out of it, which can be used to hold the SSD. 
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Queen6
    Answer ✓
    asad814 said:
    Just buy something and cut it to your needs, as it's basically just like flexible plastic.  I'd want some airflow around the SSD's especially if NVMe as they can and do get hot.

Q-6
  • asad814
    edited June 2018
    thank you for help i will surely try this
  • ven98
    edited June 2018
    Thermal pads will help the heat dissipate into the air quicker, conpensating the insulating property of the double sided tape(not much needed).

Polypropylene(plasric) is sold in sheets and can be purchased online.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Queen6
    asad814 said:
    thank you for help i will surely try this
    Washing bowls and the likes are made of polypropylene, it's strong and flexible, nor does it crack easily, even a DVD case will likely work although more brittle. 

Q-6