Hi all , 
5 months back i got the Acer predator Helios 300 
Specs -
Processor BrandIntel
Processor TypeCore i5
Processor Speed2.50 GHz
RAM Size8 GB
Graphics - Nvidia GTX 1050 ti

I use to get temps of CPU and GPU from 85 bto 87 while gaming, So recently i called the service guy to repaste it, he repasted it , i was out so couldn't check it.
When i reached home to test out the new temps , while gaming reached out to 97 while gpu maxed out at around 75 on ultra settings..
And when i checked in predator , the temps of cpu keep jumping up and down by 10 to 20 degrees , like from 60 to 80 , 80 to 95 , 95 back to 75 etc

here a screen shot of the stress test with intel burn

u Can see the temps jumping up and down every second to

Please tell me what the problem could be , this happend exactly after repasting the laptop

Answers

• asad814
    asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    seems like the service guy messed up...the only solution to your problem is repasting...or you try another options aswell go through the pin post and follow the instructions but it wont effect that much..have a nice day
  • ThedividedOrange
    ThedividedOrange Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited June 2018
    ive repaseted and still get the same , ?  i will go to the service center and ask once 
    But as i have repasted to , there doesnt seem to be any problem inside, what could the issue be? Do u have any idea?
    Heres a pic while playing fortnite on ultra

• asad814
    ok these tempts are marginally acceptable ...now you can undervolt your cpu using throttlestop this will give you 5-10'C difference...have a nice day
  • ThedividedOrange

Tinkerer

asad814 said:
    ok these tempts are marginally acceptable ...now you can undervolt your cpu using throttlestop this will give you 5-10'C difference...have a nice day

How can it be acceptable , u cant see it reaches 97 , it barely reached 90 before repasting to , 
    and the temps are jumping every second with a gap of 5 - 15 degrees of the cpu

only thing after repasting the gp maxes at 75.. before it use to reach 85 or 86
  • asad814
    oh ok...did you undervolt your cpu???? and are you using cooling pad??
  • asad814
    the reason i said acceptable is because your average tempts are under 80s..as far as they are in mid 80s its fine
  • ThedividedOrange

Tinkerer

edited June 2018
    Yes I have used it since 5 months undervolted time to time but now I've undervolted and checked and still CPU reaches 95

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    If you didn't get these temperature before, then the thermal paste job is bad. You don't repaste and it breaks the computer, it doesn't work like that. Either there is too much thermal paste or the heat sink is not sitting correctly.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • asad814
    and it also depends on which thermal paste you are using....and how much you are using....i suggest you to use actric mx-4 using pea method
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Seeing as how *usually* when a service tech "repastes" he merely replaces your heatsinks apparatus with a new one that has a pre set amount of thermal paste on it... I would assume he didn't tighten the screws down properly or a thermal pad shifted/folded as they provide spacing in between the heatspreader and CPU die.
    - Hotel Hero
  • ThedividedOrange

Tinkerer

He checked it again today. i went to the service guy , he didnt replace anything , he just opened it and checked the paste and re screwed it, and he cant find the problem, the temps of cpu are still going to 97 and gpu to 75-80 now
    He said come when the laptop burns out 
  • ThedividedOrange

Tinkerer

edited June 2018
    Can u explain the thermal pad and heatspreader thing?
    Cus the guy only checked the paste n all , and saw things were fine and rescrewed it down , the thermal pads as i have seen were stuck above on the heat sink part , but they looked fresh
  • ThedividedOrange

Tinkerer

Also if you say the thermal pad shifted , why is the gpu normal then, it should be high to i suppose

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    GPUs don't care so much about thermal paste compared to CPUs. Taking the heatsink out and then putting it back has a potential to create air bubbles and even worsen the temperatures.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ThedividedOrange

Tinkerer

replaced the paste twice still its the same , even the fans are fine and heat pipe is fine to
  • asad814
    can you share a screenshot of how you apply thermal paste ???
  • geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    replaced the paste twice still its the same , even the fans are fine and heat pipe is fine to

In my opinion, at this point, the problem  could be built-up  dust in the heatsink fins, that from outside could seem just clean, but inside  where the  hot air (and the dust) is pushed out from the fans sometime, you could find a real dust-wall, and so the hot air gets trapped inside increasing a lot the temperatures.
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Like @ven98 said.. if he is removing the heatsink and not repasting it can create air bubbles and make things worse.

I mentioned the thermal pad because I've seen someone have that issue once with high temps and we found a thermal pad folded by the CPU. Was just a suggestion.

Perhaps he tightened down the heatsink too tight?

- Hotel Hero
  • Ayushkishore
    Ayushkishore Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi all , 
    5 months back i got the Acer predator Helios 300 
    Specs -
    Processor BrandIntel
    Processor TypeCore i5
    Processor Speed2.50 GHz
    RAM Size8 GB
    Graphics - Nvidia GTX 1050 ti

I use to get temps of CPU and GPU from 85 bto 87 while gaming, So recently i called the service guy to repaste it, he repasted it , i was out so couldn't check it.
    When i reached home to test out the new temps , while gaming reached out to 97 while gpu maxed out at around 75 on ultra settings..
    And when i checked in predator , the temps of cpu keep jumping up and down by 10 to 20 degrees , like from 60 to 80 , 80 to 95 , 95 back to 75 etc

here a screen shot of the stress test with intel burn

u Can see the temps jumping up and down every second to

Please tell me what the problem could be , this happend exactly after repasting the laptop
    Brother you used wrong thermal paste... 

Hello guys i have a solution for this problem... I have acer predator Helios 300... When i play game, extract files/game, do heavy tasks, run cpu stress test with XTU... My cpu temprature goes 98 degree Celsius... And cpu 7 to 8 times get thermal throttled while stress test... I use arctic mx4 but again temperature goes to 98 degree Celsius...

Then finally i got the solution

I used Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Grease paste (Rs.720)

And after this temprature never goes above 79 degree (as shown in screenshot) even if i play heavy game... And 45-50 degrees at normal usage... 

Note- Use 99% iso propyl alcohol to clean the cpu and gpu and gentally clean the thermal pad pasted on heat sink with iso propyl alcohol... 

2000% working... don't think about price just try this one time... If i won't work please reply to this comment if it not works i will remove my comment... 
This discussion has been closed.