Helios 300 Won't start, second time

Arcelos
Arcelos Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So this is the second time my laptop has shut down and this time it won't start back. I've tried every variation of the battery reset I can imagine, removing and reinserting the RAM, starting without the RAM, charging it overnight and then trying all of the above again.... at this point I think I'm better off sending it back, but since I paid over a grand for it, it'd be really nice if it would just work.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    I suggest you to send it back and get a replacement or contact Acer tech support and arrange a repair.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Shayd
    Shayd Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Do you have the 8th gen Cpu model of Helios, or the 7th gen? 
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    No opening ?
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Arcelos said:
    So this is the second time my laptop has shut down and this time it won't start back. I've tried every variation of the battery reset I can imagine, removing and reinserting the RAM, starting without the RAM, charging it overnight and then trying all of the above again.... at this point I think I'm better off sending it back, but since I paid over a grand for it, it'd be really nice if it would just work.
    Shut down, as in by itself, or when you clicked shut down? Disable the "fast startup" option in power settings and see if that would help.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045