Is there an empty drive bay (for 2.5" SSD) in Aspire Swift 3 (SF315-52G-57GG)?

gjdimension
gjdimension Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, does anyone know whether there is an empty drive bay (for 2.5" SSD) in Aspire Swift 3 (SF315-52G-57GG)? I have a 2.5" SSD lying around and I am thinking whether I can easily plug that in for extra storage. Thanks!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    There's a bay available but you may have to buy the HDD cable and the bracket as it's an optional feature in this model.
  • gjdimension
    Thanks! Do you know what are the parts numbers and where to get them? And how do I install them? Is it a tedious exercise?
  • brummyfan2
    Part number for HDD Bracket: 60.GZCN5.001
    Part number for Cable: 50.GZCN5.005
    4 screws for HDD assembly, size M3x3L: 86.RYNN5.001
    4 screws to attach the assembly to main body, size M2x4L  Part number:  86.B430U.006
    It's better to check the bay before buying the parts as the cable and Bracket may be already in there( I am not sure).
    You have to search on line or get help from Acer Support centre in your region, they may be able to provide the retailer details in your region.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• wolfy
    wolfy Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

i had a 960 SSD laying about so i put that in quite easy to do once you get the parts, i got mine from here

www.mk-electronic.de/eng/items/show/50.GSLN5.006

• gjdimension

Thanks both! I just managed to open up the laptop... I think there's no bracket and cable. In that case, can I confirm the list below shows all the parts that I need to purchase please? Thanks again!

(as indicated by brummyfan2)
    1. Part number for HDD Bracket: 60.GZCN5.001
    2. Part number for Cable: 50.GZCN5.005
    3. 4 screws for HDD assembly, size M3x3L: 86.RYNN5.001
    4. 4 screws to attach the assembly to main body, size M2x4L  Part number:  86.B430U.006
  • ante112
    ante112 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, just got this laptop and I want to add an additional SSD. Any idea where to get these parts in the US?
  • brummyfan2
    edited June 2018
    ante112 said:
    Hi, just got this laptop and I want to add an additional SSD. Any idea where to get these parts in the US?
    Hi,
    Please contact Acer Support centre in US, they might provide you with the details of partner retailers in your area or they may send you these parts but I am not sure.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
  • BigDady
    BigDady Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello,

I am French.
    I also have a SF315-52.
    Can not find here or elsewhere DD Bracket: 60.GZCN5.001
    Do you think I can just order the 50.GZCN5.005 cable and used double-sided to hold the disc in place?

Thanks for your help. ;)
  • gjdimension
    Yes, I think double-sided tape can work. But if you want, HD bracket 33.H1MN5.001 should fit.
  • RavinHami
    RavinHami Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Thanks both! I just managed to open up the laptop... I think there's no bracket and cable. In that case, can I confirm the list below shows all the parts that I need to purchase please? Thanks again!

4. 4 screws to attach the assembly to main body, size M2x4L  Part number:  86.B430U.006
    Hi. Is the RAM upgradeable?
  • yoshi
    yoshi Member Posts: 4 New User
    RavinHami said:

Hi. Is the RAM upgradeable?
    Yes. Ram is upgradable. It has two ram slots. Supports maximum memory size 32GB