Predator Helios 300 Wrong Model in BIOS

Options
Flame
Flame Member Posts: 69 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello. Acer service change my motherboard before knowing  windows 1803 update problem with intel ssd, and after that some acer applications could not install. They said that they delete and reinstall the BIOS (that's how i understood). Now in bios window (F2 on boot ) the name of my laptop model is PH317-5 ,same in System information (and the model name is PH317-51) . Can i change it somehow to PH317-51? Or is there a problem if it remains with just 5?

Best Answer

• Flame
    Answer ✓
    Options
    talked with acer it is not a problem

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    In the BIOs I'm not too sure... 

But as far as system information you can download the program called "Winaero Tweaker" and use it to change system information. 
    Additional changes may be required and may result in a return trip to Acer as there are hundreds of registries that dictate model type. 

You can also check here by using regedit and make sure model info is correct. 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    You can also check here: 
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SystemInformation
    - Hotel Hero
  • Flame
    Options
    hello Red. in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation it is just one file ,,default" and it has no values and  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SystemInformation says that system product name is PH317-5.  This people from romania acer service created more problem that there was in first place. I went 3 times there because their mistake . So how i understand there will be problems if laptop model in bios and other stuff is PH317-5 ?
  • Flame
    Answer ✓
    Options
    talked with acer it is not a problem