Windows 8.1 Activation after PC is restored to factory settings

promindinc
promindinc Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
My computer is an Aspire Z3-605 with Windows 8.1.  After my computer is restored to factory default settings, I am not able to activate Windows online.  When I call Microsoft Support, the agent is not able to locate the Installation ID nor the Product Key.  He asks me to contact Acer to get the information before he can proceed.  What can I do next?   

Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Use ProduKey to find your Product key. Then you can share it with Microsoft Agent. Btw, Product keys from Windows 8.1 are embedded to BIOS and they should activate. Had you upgraded to Windows 10?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • KerryAnn
    KerryAnn Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello I have this problem just now, I cant activate windows 8.1 at all on my Aspire ES1-512 and I did upgrade to windows 10 when it was free but rolled it back as it removed my touchpad settings. now I cant activate windows as it says my installed key is blocked, I don't know what to do. Can you help me please?
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    KerryAnn said:
    Hello I have this problem just now, I cant activate windows 8.1 at all on my Aspire ES1-512 and I did upgrade to windows 10 when it was free but rolled it back as it removed my touchpad settings. now I cant activate windows as it says my installed key is blocked, I don't know what to do. Can you help me please?
    Tried troubleshooting? Also, contact Microsoft support and show them your original key. They will help you for sure.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!