Acer Nitro 5 An515-53-55g9 low sound soutput from labtop

SuperEd13
SuperEd13 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Sounds seems muffled and low and I know the volume is up and it says real tech hd speaker ect ..volume level can't be this low ..any other settings I should look at ,driver update ect this job a brand new comp

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site and download Audio driver version 6.0.1.8366, then go to Device manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers, highlight and right click Realtek High Definition audio, click Properties, uninstall the driver in Driver tab, then install the downloaded driver.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7571?b=1
  • SuperEd13
    I just downloaded the driver and it automatically uninstalled the old and I had to go to settings and level and boost n all the sliders we're half way ..question there's a update to bios that fixes sound output is this safe 
  • brummyfan2
    Yes, BIOS updates are safe these days but update it with caution, make sure the battery is fully charged, continue to connect with AC adapter during the update, turn off any programs and applications, close all opened browsers, select a time you think that you won't have any power cuts, disconnect any Printers or USB drives, once the update started, do not touch any buttons or switch off the laptop.

• SuperEd13
    How can i see if the updates on the site are newer than the ones I have now.. Also if they are 3 bios updates one for sound issues the other for hangups ect.. do I do one at a time or do i download all 3 at the same time and do it one by one. Just dont want to add a update if i currently have it 
    thanks 
  • SuperEd13
    Yes, BIOS updates are safe these days but update it with caution, make sure the battery is fully charged, continue to connect with AC adapter during the update, turn off any programs and applications, close all opened browsers, select a time you think that you won't have any power cuts, disconnect any Printers or USB drives, once the update started, do not touch any buttons or switch off the laptop.

I was told if its a older version or the same one you have you never want to do a update unless its new.. So how do I know if itsa newer version than i have 
  • brummyfan2
    edited June 2018
    Go to start and type msinfo32, at the next window check the version in the right pane. Don't flash the wrong BIOS and if you are not sure, get it done by a professional.
  • SuperEd13
    Go to start and type msinfo32, at the next window check the version in the right pane. Don't flash the wrong BIOS and if you are not sure, get it done by a professional.

I had a couple of it guys told me if it aint broke dont fix it dont update the bios unless you really need to 
    thanks 

• brummyfan2
    SuperEd13 said:

I had a couple of it guys told me if it aint broke dont fix it dont update the bios unless you really need to 
    thanks 

Hi,
    That's fine.

• Yamamba
    Yamamba Member Posts: 9 New User
    Hi there! Were you able to resolve your issue? I might have the same one.