My Aspire GX-785: A Warranty Issue?

Options
bergqie
bergqie Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hey Everyone! I purchased an Aspire GX-785 last year on July 26th, 2017. However, it says my warranty ended in March. This doesn't make much sense because it says the warranty should be one year. My motherboard stopped working after a BIOS update that was applied from Windows 10 device manager. I asked for assistance in April and they told the part number which was a big help, but the motherboard for the system is kind of hard to find. I decided to go back and look at my purchase history and alas, I hadn't bought the computer more than a year ago. Why does it say my warranty has ended then? Thanks! 

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The warranty is activated once the device comes out from the factory, I think. You should contact Acer tech support via email and they will ask you to provide them with a proof of purchase. On the proof of purchase/receipt it is important to have the date on which the device was purchased on(if you have lost it, a new one can be requested from the retailer you purchased the PC from). Once you provide them with the proof of purchase, they will update the warranty status and you can send your device for in-warranty repair.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The warranty is activated once the device comes out from the factory, I think. You should contact Acer tech support via email and they will ask you to provide them with a proof of purchase. On the proof of purchase/receipt it is important to have the date on which the device was purchased on(if you have lost it, a new one can be requested from the retailer you purchased the PC from). Once you provide them with the proof of purchase, they will update the warranty status and you can send your device for in-warranty repair.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!