Acer LCD Monitor X223W is showing a large black space on the right side and bottom.

ChuckVapor
ChuckVapor Member Posts: 2 New User
I dont know what i did, but for some reason now my Acer LCS Monitor x223 is producing a large black bar on the far right side and bottom bar of my screen. I have tried using the menu on the physical monitor to adjust or move the screen but it did not move far enough to fill it. I have also tried to increase resolutions and decrease resolutions in the windows settings. It is being used to duplicate the screen off of a laptop. I have used this monitor with this same laptop for years and this has never happened. Will be providing pictures.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

It sure looks like a resolution mismatch. What resolution is the laptop? Are you doing a straight mirror or are you doing an extend? Can you change the refresh rate on the laptop to 60Hz (or from 60Hz)?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ChuckVapor
    ChuckVapor Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2018
    My Laptops current resolution is 1920 x 1080, i have tried matching resolutions with my Acer monitor, as well as fiddling with a lot of custom resolutions and other settings in my intel hd settings. I have tried both straight mirror, and extend with both sessions of fiddling settings and resolutions.

from what i can tell i cannot change the laptop refresh rate from 60. It has been 60 since purchase and has worked with it in the paste. Apologies for delay in response.

I have managed to get rid of the bottom black bar, but have an even larger black bar to the right of the screen.
  • Tigercat52
    Tigercat52 Member Posts: 1 New User

How did you fix this? I have same problem, black space on right side and smaller black space on bottom