Does the ACer LCD monitor H236iHL include HDMI cable or do I have to buy one?

Options
bhk12
bhk12 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I am currently using VGA, but have the hdmi on back of monitor, but I don't remember seeing it in the box when I bought it 3yrs ago.  Picture NOT as good with VGA;

Answers

• bhk12
    Options
    Do I need to buy an HDMI cable for the H236HL?   I don't remember it in the box 3 yrs ago;
    VGA not as crisp, 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Well, if it did have one it sounds as if that's lost. They're not too expensive though, just hit up a provider like Amazon or your local electronics store.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bhk12
    Options
    Thank you Billsey;  after reading reviews and problems with the HDMI cable with this monitor, guess I will just leave it using the USB, though not as crisp as I would like
  • billsey
    Options

What resolution are you running with your VGA connection? You'll get the clearest image with the default. Try running it at 1920x1080 if you aren't there already. Problems with HDMI cables are usually fixed by buying a better quality cable. ;)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bhk12
    Options
    1920 x 1080 is not an option; the highest option I have is 1600x900
    windows 7 control panel and that is what I am using;
    or is there another place to change it
  • billsey
    Options

OK, what does Device Manager show for your display card? If it's doing one of the generics it might not have the full 1080p listed, that would likely be a display driver issue.
  • bhk12
    Options
    Device mgr, display drive IntelR HD graphics 4000
    2 monitors listed  both generic PnP monitor
    I have lenovo laptop and use an external monitor
  • billsey
    Options

Check the Intel site to verify you have the correct HD 4000 driver set. The generic PnP is normal, the driver then chooses resolutions.
  • bhk12
    Options
    am I looking for my lenovo laptop or the Acer monitor on the intel website?
  • bhk12
    Options
    I went to device manager in windows and did update driver.  After 5 minutes it said the driver was up to date.

In Windows Update Optional, win 7, there is a choice to update
    Intel Graphics Adapter.  I did Not do this; because it is optional ,  will await your input

Intel Website: 

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant is being blocked. Please see our FAQs for help.

It wants me to download this:

Graphic Drivers

The utility detects integrated Intel® Graphics Controllers for desktop and laptop computers. You can also manually identify your Intel Graphics Controller.

If you have an Internet device using the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 500, go to the Download Center for drivers.

For all other graphics controllers, contact your computer manufacturer or place of purchase for driver support.

• billsey
    Options
    The drivers for the Lenovo since that's what's sending the wonky signal. The thing from the Intel site is a small software package that matches your chipset to the driver. It's possible though that they did a custom one for Lenovo so double check their site too. Did the Windows update one help?
  • bhk12
    Options
    I did not  do the Windows graphic adapter yet;  I thought I was looking for Driver, not adapter, and driver is not mentioned
  • bhk12
    Options
    I went to Lenovo solutions on my laptop,  it says No Driver updates needed.!
    obviously not solution for my issues