I am using Aspire ES 14 (ES1-431-C6WA) and I'm experiencing lag issues

burgerwizard
burgerwizard Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello. I bought Aspire ES 14 (ES1-431-C6WA) and I'm experiencing  lag issues since I first used it. It takes minutes for the start-up screen to appear and also when I open programs (ex Microsoft Office Programs, playing videos, google chrome). Do you know any solution to this issue?  :)

My laptop's specs:
  • Intel Celeron Quad Core Processor N3150
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • 2GB DDR3 L Memory
  • 500 GB HDD
  • Windows 10 64-bit
I don't know if the lag issue has something to do with my laptop's specs or because of the OS I am using. I bought it brand new so I didn't really expect lag issues like this. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    Was Win10 or Win8.1 factory-installed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• burgerwizard
    burgerwizard Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Was Win10 or Win8.1 factory-installed? Jack E/NJ
    It's Windows 10. They installed the OS on the same day and same store that I bought my laptop.  
  • JackE
    What is the store's name and address? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• samcatiis
    samcatiis Member Posts: 1 New User
    I experience it too, the lag part. how did you resolve this problem?
  • JackE
    @samcatiis Was Win10 also installed by the store where you bought the machine? If yes, what is the store's name and address? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KiRaMei22
    KiRaMei22 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am of the same issue.. Even though there's not much files in it. 

I bought it mine in Octagon store.
  • JackE
    @KiRaMei22 Check Control Panel programs to see if you have a non-Microsoft virus or malware scanner installed like McAfee or Norton. If yes, uninstall the scanner. Windows defender is all you need. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Adam23
    Adam23 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello,
    We are having an issue in the unit we bought last year. Once I open the unit acer logo will appear below say’s preparing automatic repair after waiting for hours the unit wont still open. Help please!
  • JackE
    Adam23Press and hold the power button for about  5 seconds till the machine completely shuts off. Then unplug the charger and see if you can find a pinhole on the bottom with a battery symbol. If the pinhole exists, gently press a paper clip into the pinhole for about 30 seconds to disconnect the battery. Then let the laptop rest for 15 mins. Then try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ