Power button not behaving correctly - Helios 300 G3-572

erfonti
erfonti Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have my acer predator helios 300 g3-572, and when I turn on windows , the power buton just stops working, it doesn't do anything. no matter what behaviour I put in the windows options, if i press the button it just doesn't do anything.
This leaves me intrigued because in the menus of active programs I can see one called  epowerbutton_nb.exe so I suposed everything should work.
What should I do if I want the laptop to turn off when I press the power button?

Best Answer

• AboOmarJeddin
    AboOmarJeddin Member Posts: 74 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    I normal if you go into acer power button and see that preform this action is set to sleep or hibernate, then try this. 
    Acer added a future that make you have to press the power button for 4 second for it to take action so it does not happen accedeintaly
    try that remember 4 sec only cause you might force shutdown. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    erfonti 

You can change power button settings
    Press Windows Key + S and enter power settings. Select Power & sleep settings from the menu.
    Click Additional power settings in the right pane.
    Now click Choose what the power button does from the menu on the left.
    Set When I press the power button to Shut down (other options you prefer). Now click on Save changes.

If any issue persists, Press Windows key + X
    Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    At the Command Prompt, type: sfc/scannow
    This will check for any integrity violations
    Restart your system

Also, Press Windows key + X
    Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • erfonti

Tinkerer

Sharanji said:
    erfonti 

You can change power button settings
    Press Windows Key + S and enter power settings. Select Power & sleep settings from the menu.
    Click Additional power settings in the right pane.
    Now click Choose what the power button does from the menu on the left.
    Set When I press the power button to Shut down (other options you prefer). Now click on Save changes.

If any issue persists, Press Windows key + X
    At the Command Prompt, type: sfc/scannow
    This will check for any integrity violations
    Restart your system

Also, Press Windows key + X
    Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    I did all you said, and it still doesn't work, the settings are correct and it doesn't detect any problems, but it wont turn off when I press the button
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    erfonti said:
    I did all you said, and it still doesn't work, the settings are correct and it doesn't detect any problems, but it wont turn off when I press the button
    Just wondering... is there a reason you are using the power button to turn it off (unless you want to force shut down by holding power button down for a few seconds)?

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • erfonti

Tinkerer

edited June 2018

My config is like this and it still doesn't work.
    I'm just trying to figure out where the problem is.
    ( apagar is turn off in spanish)
  • sri369
    Check in Acer Quick Access. It too has an app for mapping the power button, and this overrides the options under power setting.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • erfonti

Tinkerer

Still nothing, I'm afraid, the override is not happening, as both windows and this program are telling the system to shut down, and it still wont do it ( I have tried disabling this an leaving it on windows config, and vice versa and none work)
  • sri369
    I am a little confused here. Are you telling me you want to shut down windows by clicking the power button instead of via the start menu?

See if anything on the link applies to your case: https://win10faq.com/windows-10-wont-shut-fix/

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • AboOmarJeddin
    Answer ✓
    I normal if you go into acer power button and see that preform this action is set to sleep or hibernate, then try this. 
    Acer added a future that make you have to press the power button for 4 second for it to take action so it does not happen accedeintaly
    try that remember 4 sec only cause you might force shutdown. 
  • AboOmarJeddin
    hopefully it worked?