Keys loosing color, G3-572 Predator Helios

Peaceful_monk
Peaceful_monk Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought predator G3-572 around 3 months ago and the keyboard keys are starting to loose color. I wanted to ask if this type of problem is covered under warranty? 

Answers

• geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    I bought predator G3-572 around 3 months ago and the keyboard keys are starting to loose color. I wanted to ask if this type of problem is covered under warranty? 
    Hi, what do you mean by "loosing color"?  meaning maybe loosing brightness or maybe the WASD keys  black spot on the top?
  • Peaceful_monk
    Thanks for replying! by loosing color i mean the WASD keys loosing the black spot on the top.
  • geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Thanks for replying! by loosing color i mean the WASD keys loosing the black spot on the top.

Yes, actually they are the only colored Keys: in fact while  all the other Keys are black plastic, the WASD instead, are  made of red plastic with a sort of black colored spot, and, on massive use, (such on gaming) they could loose the black color on the top, that would probably end up with having  a totally red key with no letter.  probably that was'nt  the best solution for those Keys that are the most gaming used Keys! now, the problem is if Acer would cover this kind of issue under Warranty, even if it's crystal clear that it's an evident  design flaw!  
  • Peaceful_monk
    I don't know why these keys are loosing color so early, and yes the question remains the same that does Acer covers this problem under warranty?
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    @Peaceful_monk
    Within 12 months, i am thinking this should be covered under warranty, given that keys are rated for certain number for presses, and at 3 months, you wouldn't have hit that mark!
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Peaceful_monk
    sri369 said:
    @Peaceful_monk
    Within 12 months, i am thinking this should be covered under warranty, given that keys are rated for certain number for presses, and at 3 months, you wouldn't have hit that mark!
    Thanks man!! That sounds good xD
  • DJN
    DJN Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have the same problem. Purchased April 11, 2018. The black coating is wearing off the red gaming keys. S is half gone, A is starting to wear. I called Acer Support, only solution is return computer for repair!!! Don't the keys just pop off? Unfortunately there are no Acer stores in my city. Ugh. Seems like such a waste of time and money. So options are return computer to Acer for repair, or return the computer to the store where I purchased it as they have a 90 day return policy no hassles. Ugh.
  • sri369
    DJN said:
    I have the same problem. Purchased April 11, 2018. The black coating is wearing off the red gaming keys. S is half gone, A is starting to wear. I called Acer Support, only solution is return computer for repair!!! Don't the keys just pop off? Unfortunately there are no Acer stores in my city. Ugh. Seems like such a waste of time and money. So options are return computer to Acer for repair, or return the computer to the store where I purchased it as they have a 90 day return policy no hassles. Ugh.
    What store is this?
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • DJN
    The store is Costco.
  • sri369

DJN said:
    The store is Costco.
    Lucky you dude. I never saw these at the store near me - only Asus, dell n such. But good for oyu :-) I got it from Microcenter, 15 day policy. And 30 days for exchange.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • DJN
    Awww. They had these for a short period of time. Last time I went in, they were selling the display. My 3 months is July 11, so I still have time to return if I want. :)