Can't Install AMD Drivers NO MATTER WHAT!(Black Screen)

mannnq
mannnq Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello,

Computer is performing not as expected and I do believe it is because I do not have appropriate drivers in stalled. I've looked up the exact computer that I have (Acer Aspira 3 (A315-41-R9V0) and other people run programs/games with no issues where I do have lag. Can't play games like DOTA 2 for example, game loads fast but upon opening menu lags so hard that I can barely even go to options in game..

I can't install the driver properly as it will always end up giving me black screen from where I have to boot in safe mode and delete driver..

I have contacted AMD Support and they have replied me with this:

(((I understand you are getting Error 182 when trying to install driver on your Acer Aspire 3 (A315-41-R9V0) system equipped with AMD Ryzen 3 2200U APU with Vega 3 integrated graphics.

As of now the driver support for this GPU is thru laptop manufacturer only. 

Also, the driver provided by the laptop manufacturer is particularly customizing to meet the specific feature and function of the laptop and sometime which might not be achieve by using AMD Generic driver because AMD generic drivers may have limited support for OEM specific features and functions. I request you to please get in touch with the laptop manufacturer and seek their assistance regarding this.)))

So here I am, on Acer forum.. Please guys, help me out.. Laptop is just 2 days old and I cant even install display drivers..

AMD Ryzen 3 2200U 2x 2.50 GHz

Radeon Vega 3

Cheers!

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Uninstall the display driver that's on there now from Device Manage. Don't try to re-install anything else. Exit. Re-boot and let Win10 to re-detect hardware and automatically install the driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Uninstall the display driver that's on there now from Device Manage. Don't try to re-install anything else. Exit. Re-boot and let Win10 to re-detect hardware and automatically install the driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LUKA8850
    LUKA8850 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

mannnq said:

Hello,

Computer is performing not as expected and I do believe it is because I do not have appropriate drivers in stalled. I've looked up the exact computer that I have (Acer Aspira 3 (A315-41-R9V0) and other people run programs/games with no issues where I do have lag. Can't play games like DOTA 2 for example, game loads fast but upon opening menu lags so hard that I can barely even go to options in game..

I can't install the driver properly as it will always end up giving me black screen from where I have to boot in safe mode and delete driver..

I have contacted AMD Support and they have replied me with this:

(((I understand you are getting Error 182 when trying to install driver on your Acer Aspire 3 (A315-41-R9V0) system equipped with AMD Ryzen 3 2200U APU with Vega 3 integrated graphics.

As of now the driver support for this GPU is thru laptop manufacturer only. 

Also, the driver provided by the laptop manufacturer is particularly customizing to meet the specific feature and function of the laptop and sometime which might not be achieve by using AMD Generic driver because AMD generic drivers may have limited support for OEM specific features and functions. I request you to please get in touch with the laptop manufacturer and seek their assistance regarding this.)))

So here I am, on Acer forum.. Please guys, help me out.. Laptop is just 2 days old and I cant even install display drivers..

AMD Ryzen 3 2200U 2x 2.50 GHz

Radeon Vega 3

Cheers!

Have you maybe fixed the problem??
  • JackE
    @LUKA8850 Uninstall the display adapter driver from Device Mgr. Exit Device Mgr without trying to manually install any display adapter. Reboot. Allow Windows to automatically re-detect and re-install the correct driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ozhilia
    Ozhilia Member Posts: 2 New User
    well, I installed a new version of the BIOS, but it didn't help
  • JackE
    Ozhilia  Uninstall the display adapter driver from Device Mgr. Exit Device Mgr without trying to manually install any display adapter. Reboot. Allow Windows to automatically re-detect and re-install the correct driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ozhilia
    Ozhilia Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE Did I right understand that I should not install VGA Driver at all? 
  • What he meant is that you should uninstall and delete the driver like this:

Then restart the notebook and go to windows update so that windows look for the proper driver!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Djsuru
    Djsuru Member Posts: 1 New User
    the same thing i patestc and i tried with all possible things after installing black scren graphics driver ????? :/:/
  • JackE
    Djsuru  You don't install anything. First, UNinstall the display adapter driver from Device Mgr. Exit Device Mgr without trying to manually install any display adapter. Reboot. Allow Windows to automatically re-detect and re-install the correct driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ