Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Adding a hard disk drive in Laptop

Hi All,

I am planning to purchase this laptop.

Acer Spin 5 Touchscreen 2-in-1 Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 1080p - Active Stylus

Model #SP513-52N-552K

https://www.costco.com/.product.100376409.html?&EMID=B2C_2018_0613_MVM_EndSunday

Found some of the threads to replace the hardisk from 256 SSD to 1 TB but not adding a additional hard drive.

So I would like to know I can add one more hard disk drive in the laptop and if so what models & storage size it will support?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• BalatekieBalatekie Posts: 487
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, The laptop model # SP513-52N-552K comes in-built with 256GB SSD of Interface - M.2 SATA, Third Generation. This can be upgraded to 512GB only. Unfortunately, it is NOT possible to add additional HDD in to the computer. 

A piece of information for you....the computer has Card reader slot, which supports SD cards & SDXC cards. The maximum accepted storage capacity is 128 GB. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

FAQ & Answers

• BalatekieBalatekie Posts: 487Ally
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, The laptop model # SP513-52N-552K comes in-built with 256GB SSD of Interface - M.2 SATA, Third Generation. This can be upgraded to 512GB only. Unfortunately, it is NOT possible to add additional HDD in to the computer. 

A piece of information for you....the computer has Card reader slot, which supports SD cards & SDXC cards. The maximum accepted storage capacity is 128 GB. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)