My ACER Laptop is not turning on

Options
byuzuye
byuzuye Member Posts: 1 New User
Last night i used my one 1 year old Acer laptop with no issue.  unfortunately thing changed  traumatically today.
I tried to turn on as usual, unfortunately it is not turning on. I plugged on  and showing just  battery light ..  but it does turn on while  pressing power button. i a tempted this numerous time.   

Any solution? 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    byuzuye 
    Please try a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.
    Also, plug in the charger to another wall outlet and make sure that it is working fine.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • tech12
    tech12 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    A simple power reset
  • Chandakumar
    Chandakumar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    It didn't work for me
  • Carmela_04
    Carmela_04 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My laptop is not turning on. What can i do? I have a lot of activities to finish for my online school
  • Husna18
    Husna18 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options
    Mine also not starting it's on acer start screen more than 20 minutes

• unclejoe
    unclejoe Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Sharanji said:
    Hi @byuzuye
    Please try a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.
    Also, plug in the charger to another wall outlet and make sure that it is working fine.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    I have same issue and I try your solution but still not working. after I try the solution there is a single beep sound every time I plug/unplugged the charger.
  • Pritam007
    Pritam007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    On 7th of july i got my acer nitro 5 from official acer site after unboxing my laptop it didn't switch it on so i thought there is no battery so i plugged in the charger but the charging light was not indicating any light after so many try it didn't open it was the worst experience with the acer i also registered the complain yesterday on 8th of july on morning they told me that the service guy will reach you in two three days it shocking that in my case am not getting any special treatment like solving my problem as soon as possible.
  • Khizarh
    Khizarh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hey everyone, 
    My Acer Aspire 7 suddenly shut down last night. Its battery is not able to turn it on (it is full though). However, plugging in the charger starts charging, turns the keyboard light on, but screen looks black unless seen from an oblique angle- that too is very dim. Not even a year old yet. Was working fine but suddenly stopped working. Is there any simple solution or does it need professional assistance? 
    Thanks.
  • BUSYB
    BUSYB Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Have a year old acer aspire i3 laptop with internal battery I’ve tried everything to get it to boot up tried resetting the battery in pin hole holding down the power with power corn in and out still won’t start Can someone help?