Cannot Register my Laptop for Warranty Registration

Options
arkarwmh
arkarwmh Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I purchased a Acer Nitro 5 via Amazon, 2 weeks ago. And it has arrived. I have already registered my Product on Acer Website. But cannot register it for Warranty. It keeps saying:
Serial number cannot be found. Please try again.

I live in Singapore. Ordered the laptop from Amazon which was sent from US. Please help me register for Warranty.

Answers

• arkarwmh
    Options
    My Product Model isAN515-51
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    arkarwmh 

The Warranty period commences on the date of purchase. Please contact Acer support in your region and they will help you with warranty registration for your device.
    Acer Singapore :  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/warranty
    Acer Worldwide :   http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • arkarwmh
    Options
    Sharanji said:
    arkarwmh 

The Warranty period commences on the date of purchase. Please contact Acer support in your region and they will help you with warranty registration for your device.
    Acer Singapore :  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/warranty
    Acer Worldwide :   http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Dear Sharanji, thanks for the advice. I have just sent an email to them already. Hope they will help.

Mean while, may I know whether my Laptop (shipped from US, using it in Singapore) is eligible for Warranty, please? Is it fall under US Warranty or Singapore Warranty? I'm a bit confused. Please help me understand.

Thanks agin.
  • christine9449
    christine9449 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Why can't I register my laptop for the warranty
  • Sharanji
    Options
    arkarwmh said:
    Dear Sharanji, thanks for the advice. I have just sent an email to them already. Hope they will help.
    Mean while, may I know whether my Laptop (shipped from US, using it in Singapore) is eligible for Warranty, please? Is it fall under US Warranty or Singapore Warranty? I'm a bit confused. Please help me understand.
    Thanks agin.
    Sorry for delay in response. The International Traveler's Warranty (ITW) only covers genuine travelers outside their country of residence. 
    The enhanced International Travelers Warranty (ITW) is extended to products purchased from Acer or its authorized distributors, under the following conditions, only bona fide travelers who are in possession of a copy of the original sales invoice of the notebook may bring claims under the Acer ITW.

The definition of a "bona fide traveler" under the Acer ITW is a person temporarily outside the territorial scope of the local warranty covering the respective devices, without the intention of establishing a permanent residence. Otherwise, the notebook will only have a local warranty from where it was purchased; you will have to pay for any repairs made outside the country of purchase.

A list of authorized ITW service centers can be found at our Global Acer Authorized ITW Service Locations.  
    More information regarding scope of the ITW, ITW limitations can be found at our Global Acer Travelers Warranty page.

• Sharanji
    Options
    Why can't I register my laptop for the warranty
    christine9449 
    You can  create an Acer ID account to register your product online.
    Please have the following information ready:
    The serial number for your Acer computer.
    Note: The serial number is an alpha-numeric twenty-two character number, check at the bottom of your laptop.
    Your phone number,  Your home address, Your e-mail address.
    If you are unable to register your product online, please If you are still experiencing a problem, please  contact Acer support for further assistance.