touch screen problem - acer switch alpha 12

Options
dambrosio_andre
dambrosio_andre Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi everybody, I bought an acer switch alpha 12, 1 year ago. Now I have a big problem with the touch screen: when I use it for a while the touchscreen starts to work badly: the touch response isn't good, it is innaccurate and it works jerky. I have posted a picture showing the issue with the drawing pad 
with the issue

without the issue

I've already tried to format the tablet and reinstall windows without any success 
I think it is related with the overheating of the pc but I'm not sure. when this issue occur I have to restart the tablet and after all it comes back to work
has any of you encountered a similar problem?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options
    What do you mean by format? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dambrosio_andre
    edited June 2018
    Options
    JackE said:
    What do you mean by format? Jack E/NJ
    delete all partitions and reinstall windows completely by usb pen with original iso 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options
    Ayeeii!! Did you use the  generial Win10 iso with the Microsoft media creation tool? Does this also mean that you deleted the hidden ACER-specific Win10 recovery partition with this generic iso? This hidden ACER partition could've been used to restore your system to a factory-fresh Win10 state!  Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• dambrosio_andre
    edited June 2018
    Options
    JackE said:
    Ayeeii!! Did you use the  generial Win10 iso with the Microsoft media creation tool? Does this also mean that you deleted the hidden ACER-specific Win10 recovery partition with this generic iso? This hidden ACER partition could've been used to restore your system to a factory-fresh Win10 state!  Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

yes, I deleted the acer recovery partition and I created a new one by myself. I installed the latest drivers available. The problem is that I don't understand if it is a issue related with the hardware or with the software (difficult because there isn't a specific driver for the touchscreen). Do you think I should send it to acer?