How to reinstall original installed WIN8.1 system without CD.

amatureuser
amatureuser Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
My AT3 605 UR24 desktop computer was damaged, I replaced motherboard and HDD.  How could I reinstall the WIN8.1 system files with out CD.( There is no CD come with the computer when I purchase the computer)  Please help. Thanks.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    amatureuser 

Have you replaced the motherboard with same factory shipped specification?
    With the new motherboard, it may well require a full reinstall.

Acer does not ship recovery disc with the computer. Your computer is shipped with a recovery partition to create the recovery disc once you purchase the computer. Since you have not created the recovery disc the only option is to get the recovery disc from Acer store to restore your computer.

Even if you use the recovery disc, you might be able to get away with booting from your old Windows installation, but chances are it will: fail, not boot at all, won't be stable, or it will produce strange error messages. That's because each installation of Windows is unique to the computer it's being installed on and contains specific drivers and hardware settings for that computer. If you change the motherboard, then all of those settings are no longer valid.

Originally, with Windows 8, if a factory OEM embedded key is detected, its used by default. The PC would then activate with that key. It would be activated with that specific key. The OEM embedded keys are unique to the PC, no two are the same. 

You can try downloading windows 8 by following the instructions in this weblink

You can transfer the license to a new machine / motherboard. However, you will still need to reinstall Windows clean because the old Windows installation likely won't work on the new hardware 
    In this case, you will most likely have to activate Windows over the phone by calling Microsoft and tell them you've upgraded your motherboard. When this happens, your activation code on your old system is revoked and becomes invalid; Microsoft will then provide you with a new activation code for the new system.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!