Acer Nitro 5 An515-53-55g9 I5, 256 ssd GTX 1050 TI Ram upgrade and Hard Drive Add ons

SuperEd13
SuperEd13 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, So just purchased this Labtop and will use it for gaming and general office work and personal work
It comes with 256 ssd..  Will adding a additional 1 tb Hdd help with storage or should I add another 256 SSD.. 
Now I heard with the SSD windows and programs work lightning fast.. Now having the additional HDD I can add pics files and movies ..
Now my question is if I add games to the HDD to save space will games run slow .. I know they will take longer to launch but how about in game performance will it suffer
Also is 8 gb Ram good enough for basic multi tasking and general play  .. 
If so what type of Ram can I get to add thats compatible and Hard drive ect.. Need to tell geek squad what to use for upgrading

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    SuperEd13 said:
    I decided to use a scan disc plus sata sdd 240 in my second slot to go with the original 256 sdd it came with 
    Thank you for your response. Please update the status after upgrade so that it would be helpful for others who upgrade.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    SuperEd13 

This model has 2 DIMM socket number and Supports memory size per socket 4GB/8GB/16GB
    Supports maximum memory size of total 32GB with DDR4 SODIMM, Speed DDR4 2400/2666, voltage 1.2V and DIMM package 260-pin 

This model has two storage slots.
    Storage 1 : M.2 2280 for SSD (PCIe/SATA Co-lay), design reserve for Intel Optane up to 512GB
    Storage 2 : 9.5mm/7mm co-lay (Support HDD Door) up to 2TB SATA Interface with Fast data transfer rate 6.0Gbits/s

With the above specification, you may decide and upgrade your device.

• SuperEd13
    SuperEd13 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    I decided to use a scan disc plus sata sdd 240 in my second slot to go with the original 256 sdd it came with 
  • Sharanji
    Answer ✓
    SuperEd13 said:
    Thank you for your response. Please update the status after upgrade so that it would be helpful for others who upgrade.

• Gianforero
    Gianforero Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sharanji said:
    SuperEd13 

This model has 2 DIMM socket number and Supports memory size per socket 4GB/8GB/16GB
    Supports maximum memory size of total 32GB with DDR4 SODIMM, Speed DDR4 2400/2666, voltage 1.2V and DIMM package 260-pin 

This model has two storage slots.
    Storage 1 : M.2 2280 for SSD (PCIe/SATA Co-lay), design reserve for Intel Optane up to 512GB
    Storage 2 : 9.5mm/7mm co-lay (Support HDD Door) up to 2TB SATA Interface with Fast data transfer rate 6.0Gbits/s

With the above specification, you may decide and upgrade your device.

Hello, any chance to have an optane memory + HDD + SDD? (“design reserve for Intel Optane” means that I can have both, ssd and optane in that slot?

Thank you