aspire e-15 can't even use boot disk after factory reset

acb550
acb550 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
So something happened to my mother in law's computer and she had no clue on the password. she did something and had it caught in a repair mode.  I couldn't go to a restore point, i had to go to factory reset.  First I tried keeping files (I don't know what she needed).  It locked up after clearing the settings.  I got to the advanced settings again and did a full factory reset... clear all files (but I selected to STILL use the PC, NOT recycle).  I received an error.  Then it said there were no administrators on the computer and suggested to restart the machine.  I clicked restart.  The machine hasn't started since.  I just the ACER logo.  i put in a boot usb, but it doesn't read it.  I can't get into BIOS or change boot order.   Pushing shift and reset isn't getting me into advanced optioned (nor is ctrl reset).F11 doesn't work. The machine's hd doesn't spin. I just see ACER.  I figured worst case scenarion, I'd use the boot USB to run linux.  how do i get the machine to read the usb if nothing else?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

Do you know the full model number? There have been several Aspire E 15s. E5-??? We're going to have to get into the BIOS to take it further, but if the motherboard is functioning we should be able to get there eventually.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Terrylb77
    Terrylb77 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same issue mine says hard disk lock and I can’t do anything

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    @Terrylb77 yours is likely a different problem, it sounds more like yours has an encrypted drive. Please start a new topic and give us the details.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.