Acer predator helios 300 webcam crash

Ralphvamz
Ralphvamz Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
hey, just recently bought a predator helios 300, i tried to take a video recording using the webcam but every time i press record the camera will turn off automatically. taking a picture works fine. only taking video using the webcam is the problem. if i take a video, the camera just freezes and then turns off without any error showing.  could anyone please help.

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Ralphvamz said:
    hey, just recently bought a predator helios 300, i tried to take a video recording using the webcam but every time i press record the camera will turn off automatically. taking a picture works fine. only taking video using the webcam is the problem. if i take a video, the camera just freezes and then turns off without any error showing.  could anyone please help.
    Try removing the driver via device manager, and then let windows auto search the best driver. Hopefully this should resolve your issue.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • _alexandra_
    _alexandra_ Member Posts: 1 New User
    This is happening to me too, got mine in yesterday. I tried uninstalling and restarting the computer and tried updating the driver from the device manager.