Aspire 3000 with Windows XP Professional

Options
DenaliDad
DenaliDad Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have this ancient latptop that I want to gift to my granddaughter. I have several issues: 1) Microsoft stopped supporting XP in 2004, so I want to overwrite it with some other operating system; 2) the machine does not connect to the Internet with the attached Ethernet cable and there seems to be no function to allow wifi connection; 3) I cannot find the e-recovery file and I am not even sure if that would reset it enough to connect to the Internet.

What fix and/or options can you provide?

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi, You can buy a retail version of OS from Microsoft and install it to your computer. However, before buying an OS....you need to check whether your computer hardware meets the System Requirements for the OS, which you are going to buy. I recommended to get help of local technician and check units hardware spec. Later check upgrade options in unit and finally buy an OS, which suits your computer. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi, You can buy a retail version of OS from Microsoft and install it to your computer. However, before buying an OS....you need to check whether your computer hardware meets the System Requirements for the OS, which you are going to buy. I recommended to get help of local technician and check units hardware spec. Later check upgrade options in unit and finally buy an OS, which suits your computer. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)