predator mechanical keyboard keeps repeating certain letters

kindeb01
kindeb01 Member Posts: 1 New User
why does my acer predator mechanical keyboard model (DKUSB1B0BV61700417K800) keeps repeating certain letters (e.g qqqqq or rrrrr) even pressed only once?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    kindeb01 
    Open the Control Panel, then double-click the Keyboard icon. In the Speed tab, take a look at the “Repeat delay” setting.This is the amount of time that the OS waits when a key is depressed before activating the key again. So slide the setting closer to “long” to avoid a repeated key at longer intervals. If your repeating problem is minor, this should fix it. Click OK to apply the setting.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    kindeb01 
    Open the Control Panel, then double-click the Keyboard icon. In the Speed tab, take a look at the “Repeat delay” setting.This is the amount of time that the OS waits when a key is depressed before activating the key again. So slide the setting closer to “long” to avoid a repeated key at longer intervals. If your repeating problem is minor, this should fix it. Click OK to apply the setting.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    If it's only a specific letter it's often something stuck or sticky under the key. If there are a pattern of letters doing it the problem could be mechanical in the keyboard fabric under the key actuators. Most likely though is the first option or Sharanji's suggestion.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tedkiller9999
    tedkiller9999 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Well I have 4 keys on my keyboard doing the repeat thing.....  the i u / and <del>  keys...   where do I request repair / replacement since this is a Manufacturing defect??   opps I forgot the ??? key as well
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    If you are still in warranty just contact Acer support and they will get a ticket opened for you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • x016178
    x016178 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have the same problem with this keyboard - both tthe control panel keyboardd settings are set to repeat delay long and slow but as you can see just from thiss simple sentence iitt constanttly repeats. What can I do please?
  • x016178
    This is what happens if I just alternate between tthe dd and k keys. It is not consistent: dkddkdkdkdkdd
  • x016178
    Is the support no longer active?