Normal backlight bleed?

guikolinger
guikolinger Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Hi people,

I recently got Predator XB241H and have this backlight bleed on the right side of the monitor that you can see on the pictures:
This is the monitor with the backlight intensity of 10 and just a black image in fullscreen (room lights off).

I know that pictures highlight the light bleed more than it is in person so it's difficult to show you the effect. However, is this backlight bleed acceptable? I stop noticing it if I am focused on playing something, but for media consumption it is a bit distracting on dark scenes. Bright scenes are OK.

Also, sometimes it seems to have some "ghost" horizontal lines moving upward on the screen if the refresh rate is above 100Hz. If I turn off OC on and off again it does go away, however. Is this common?

Thanks in advance :)

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    guikolinger 
    This model has Twisted Nematic Film (TN Film) Panel Technology, With IPS its normal to have backlight bleeding. However it should happen WAY less with a TN panel.
    Backlight bleed is an inherent flaw with backlit LCD technologies. The specific panel type doesn't matter. All LCDs have backlight bleed to some degree. Since it has to do with light leaking around the edges of the panel, not the light passing through the panel, TN or IPS is irrelevant.
    Both work in roughly the same way, employing a backlight with a matrix of liquid crystal subpixels in front, each of which can be controlled electronically to block the light or allow it to shine through.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!