2 Monitors, only 1 works at a time

motaku96
motaku96 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Hi I have 2 acer monitors.

Acer XF270HU
Acer XR341CK

I have an RX480 GPU.

At first I tried connecting them by daisy chaining the 27" to the 34" but only the 34" was turning on, 27" was not getting a signal. I thought it was a problem with the daisy chain so I connected both directly to the gpu, both with display port cables. I noticed that if I have one monitor on, the other one doesn't get a signal. I turn off 34", the 27" gets a signal. It works both ways, with the 34" seemingly getting priority.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    Since you are running Windows try this, hit Windows-P and choose duplicate or extend to see if the second monitor comes on. By default Windows will display on the first monitor.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• motaku96
    Also, it looks like both monitors do pick up a signal during windows startup while the windows screen is shown loading. The second monitor turns off once it gets to the login page.
  • billsey
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    Since you are running Windows try this, hit Windows-P and choose duplicate or extend to see if the second monitor comes on. By default Windows will display on the first monitor.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • motaku96
    billsey said:

THANK YOU!!! That did it.
  • motaku96
    The daisy chain still isn't working but I can live with that. I'll just have to get a longer DP cable so it's a little more comfortable.
  • motaku96
    Also wanted to mention how the daisy chain is set up just in case it helps somebody.
    PC is connected with DP to 34"
    34" DP out is going to 27" with another DP cable.
    27" is saying invalid signal or something along those lines.
  • billsey
    Daisy chaining DisplayPort signals requires (IIRC) that the manufacturer design that in. If it's not advertised as a feature it's likely not going to be there. It requires a DP in port and a DP out port. Does your model have that? What about your video card, is it fully DP 1.2 compliant? If so it'd be worthwhile to contact Acer support to find out why it's not working even if you've got it working with discreet cables.