Chromebook R751T lights

Options
Kenr
Kenr Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Can anyone tell me what the flashing power lights mean? 

I have a R751T who's power light flashes blue and it will not turn on. I've tried all the suggestions I found (hold power for 30 seconds etc) with no luck. I cannot find any documentation on Acer's support page either. The motherboard was replaced along with the battery, so those are both new. I let it sit plugged in overnight to charge, but it doesn't seem to help. All cables have been reseated and there is no obvious damage to the device. Any ideas? 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Kenr 
    Plug the computer to another power socket and check. Power or charger board within the laptop is bad. 
    Also, you do want to measure the Voltage on the barrel connector and see what your voltage is. 
    It could also be a faulty battery. Check by removing the battery and running of the power cord. if you haven't tried your power cord only, I suggest you do so to see if the power light still blinks or not.  if it doesn't blink, I would say the problem is your battery, and would go that route
    If still unable to turn On, it is recommended that the laptop be serviced or repaired.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!