Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Compatibility and performance issues

nitin1504nitin1504 Posts: 10Member New User
Hello everyone
I've recently bought Acer a515-51G 52ZR and installed windows 10 pro licensed with OEM key but lately i am having performance issues as not responding quickly, disk usage 100% even for copying and pasting tasks and boot time..... as i think is it because of installing pro and not home? Or is it only compatible with linux OS....... please help me know it.....

Thankyou

FAQ & Answers

  • RanY2JRanY2J Posts: 457Ally
    nitin1504 said:
    Hello everyone
    I've recently bought Acer a515-51G 52ZR and installed windows 10 pro licensed with OEM key but lately i am having performance issues as not responding quickly, disk usage 100% even for copying and pasting tasks and boot time..... as i think is it because of installing pro and not home? Or is it only compatible with linux OS....... please help me know it.....

    Thankyou

    The operating system would have very little influence here as i see that the specs are more than what Windows 10 can expect. This logic means that you can install Windows 10 without having much bother. However, the 100% disk usage would to directed to a Windows update issue. I think your Windows is installing the updates and thus, it slows down the machine altogether. Can you check this by going to the updates screen first and let us know?
    <3  If you think I've answered your question, hit the Accept Answer and/Or Like  <3
  • nitin1504nitin1504 Posts: 10Member New User
    Yes I've tried that.....as I've fully updated my my Windows and it is showing there are not furtger updates , it's up to date. Then also it's showing 100% disk usage even on a single task.RanY2J said:
    nitin1504 said:
    Hello everyone
    I've recently bought Acer a515-51G 52ZR and installed windows 10 pro licensed with OEM key but lately i am having performance issues as not responding quickly, disk usage 100% even for copying and pasting tasks and boot time..... as i think is it because of installing pro and not home? Or is it only compatible with linux OS....... please help me know it.....

    Thankyou

    The operating system would have very little influence here as i see that the specs are more than what Windows 10 can expect. This logic means that you can install Windows 10 without having much bother. However, the 100% disk usage would to directed to a Windows update issue. I think your Windows is installing the updates and thus, it slows down the machine altogether. Can you check this by going to the updates screen first and let us know?

  • RanY2JRanY2J Posts: 457Ally
    nitin1504 said:
    Yes I've tried that.....as I've fully updated my my Windows and it is showing there are not furtger updates , it's up to date. Then also it's showing 100% disk usage even on a single task.RanY2J said:
    nitin1504 said:
    Hello everyone
    I've recently bought Acer a515-51G 52ZR and installed windows 10 pro licensed with OEM key but lately i am having performance issues as not responding quickly, disk usage 100% even for copying and pasting tasks and boot time..... as i think is it because of installing pro and not home? Or is it only compatible with linux OS....... please help me know it.....

    Thankyou

    The operating system would have very little influence here as i see that the specs are more than what Windows 10 can expect. This logic means that you can install Windows 10 without having much bother. However, the 100% disk usage would to directed to a Windows update issue. I think your Windows is installing the updates and thus, it slows down the machine altogether. Can you check this by going to the updates screen first and let us know?


    In your task manager, it would show you what task is causing the usage. These things are caused by many things from a genuine software eating your transfers to a malware. 

    Can you name the process that is using the disk or perhaps send me a screenshot?
    <3  If you think I've answered your question, hit the Accept Answer and/Or Like  <3
  • nitin1504nitin1504 Posts: 10Member New User
    The siRanY2J said:
    nitin1504 said:
    Yes I've tried that.....as I've fully updated my my Windows and it is showing there are not furtger updates , it's up to date. Then also it's showing 100% disk usage even on a single task.RanY2J said:
    nitin1504 said:
    Hello everyone
    I've recently bought Acer a515-51G 52ZR and installed windows 10 pro licensed with OEM key but lately i am having performance issues as not responding quickly, disk usage 100% even for copying and pasting tasks and boot time..... as i think is it because of installing pro and not home? Or is it only compatible with linux OS....... please help me know it.....

    Thankyou

    The operating system would have very little influence here as i see that the specs are more than what Windows 10 can expect. This logic means that you can install Windows 10 without having much bother. However, the 100% disk usage would to directed to a Windows update issue. I think your Windows is installing the updates and thus, it slows down the machine altogether. Can you check this by going to the updates screen first and let us know?


    In your task manager, it would show you what task is causing the usage. These things are caused by many things from a genuine software eating your transfers to a malware. 

    Can you name the process that is using the disk or perhaps send me a screenshot?
    The simple copying and pasting task, opening file explorer these two are the main using my disk at 100%.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online151

OMSM
OMSM
raagkush
raagkush
Shubhamsharma
Shubhamsharma
Thealeexandra
Thealeexandra
+147 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcements

Free 25 GB of Dropbox Space



Register your Acer device and get 25GB of space free for 1 year!

Acer Store Deutschland


KOSTENLOSER VERSAND - AUSGEZEICHNETER SERVICE

Facebook

New Here?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.