Tymonek Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
Now i have r01-a04 bios what bios version do i need for i7-7700 CPU 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Tymonek 
    What is the full model number of your device?
    Why do you want to update BIOS?
    You need to updated BIOS that is specifically released for your model from Acer website.
  • Tymonek

Tinkerer

Sharanji said:
    Tymonek 
    What is the full model number of your device?
    Why do you want to update BIOS?
    You need to updated BIOS that is specifically released for your model from Acer website.
    Predator g3-710 bios update cuz i want upgrade CPU to i7-7700
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    There are two different versions of the G3-710. The original one had the i7-6700K or i5-6600K processors and doesn't support the 7th gen processors like the i7-7700. The later model came with the i7-7700 or i5-7600 processors and do support the 7th gen. Which processor does yours have now? A BIOS update won't change this...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Tymonek

Tinkerer

Now i have the i5-6400
  • billsey

Then your upgrade is to an i7-6700K. It should drop right in and not require a BIOS update. You should reset the BIOS to factory defaults and then manually add any needed changes after the new processor is installed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Tymonek

Tinkerer

billsey said:

Then your upgrade is to an i7-6700K. It should drop right in and not require a BIOS update. You should reset the BIOS to factory defaults and then manually add any needed changes after the new processor is installed.
    To have i7-7700 i have to switch the Motherboard right ?
  • billsey
    Yes, to use an i7-7700 you will need a new motherboard  and new memory.