The Intel Processor test fails at the PCH test on both of my Acer aspire ATC-780 desktops.

Options
nlt99
nlt99 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
Running the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit 4.1.0.27.W.MP   It consistently fails at the PCH test module on both identical Acer aspire ATC-780 desktops.  Updated drivers and bios, but no help.

It says: Error while retrieving SATA Device Information from OS --- Platform Controller Hus test failed.  PCH Fail  Return Status 1

Anyone else having this problem??
Thanks!  Nick

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Likely either a down rev driver for the motherboard chipset or Intel doesn't like one of your BIOS settings. Check for driver updates first and install if indicated. If that doesn't fix it or the drivers are already up to date try resetting the BIOS to defaults, though check first to make sure your SATA mode stays the same (AHCI I think).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • nlt99
    nlt99 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I contacted Intel support and sent them test results.  They said the processor if working correctly and likely problem is that the diagnostic doesn't like the info being returned by the Standard SATA AHCI Controller.
    Posting this just in case someone else runs into the same problem..........
    Nick
  • Espionage724
    Espionage724 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options
    I have a TC-780 desktop with an i5-7400 and have all pass, including PCH.

Using Windows 10 (1803) and Intel PDT 4.1.0.27.W.MP.