Can you have a normal ps4 and a pc connected to the same monitor? XB270HU

DavidShmail
DavidShmail Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
I'm looking to buy the XB270HU model for my pc but I'd also like to have my ps4 connected and use both of them and switch whenever i want. Is this possible? Display port for the pc and hdmi for the ps4.
Thank you.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    DavidShmail 

You can use the  input selection to switch input signals. Make sure that the monitor you buy have appropriate inputs for the devices that you want to use. Then for example connect your PC via Display port input on the monitor and your Playstation 4 via HDMI and switch between them via the input selector button.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    DavidShmail 

You can use the  input selection to switch input signals. Make sure that the monitor you buy have appropriate inputs for the devices that you want to use. Then for example connect your PC via Display port input on the monitor and your Playstation 4 via HDMI and switch between them via the input selector button.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • AlphaMike
    AlphaMike Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2018
    PS4 at 1440p/144hz monitor is not the greatest idea (at least for gaming), since even Ryzen 5 1600X (OC) + GTX 1080 (OC) is staying around 80-100 fps on a lot of newer/heavier games (even with dropping down from Ultra to High). Nothing wrong with trying tho. Have fun.