Screen blacks out!? All in One Aspire ZC-700 (AZC-700_PubPQC) Part Number: DQ.SZ9EK.002

Umrism
Umrism Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
While watching a video on youtube, my screen went black! Since I could still hear the video playing in the background, I tried moving the mouse but to no avail. Turned the computer off using power button, then turned it back on. Everything looked fine, but it did the same after a few minutes! I did the same again, and after a few such tries, the screen then went continuously dull while a light appeared to the left of the middle of the screen (like a spotlight). That's when i resorted to restore the system to it's factory settings, which fixed all these issues. And just when I thought all was well, it all started happening again, and while I type this question my screen is dull with the light shining from the middle left.

If it was a hardware issue, i don't think restarting or restoring would have helped at all (which it did, at least temporarily).

Any hep would be much appreciated, many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards ^_^

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Umrism 
    Please check if your device has the latest version of BIOS update listed at Acer support website.
    Are you  using the same factory shipped windows operating system?

Try a power reset, disconnect the power cable, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, wait for 10 minutes. Connect the power cable, power On the device and check the issue.

If your device is in warranty, you may contact Acer support in your region and check for options to fix this issue.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!