Not able to use Predator Sense

IamSash
IamSash Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Dear techies,
             I changed my stock OS(Win 10 home) to Win 10 pro. After Installation i tried to install drivers. At that time I installed predator sense. Successfully installed .But when i open that from program files. It automatically closing in 1 sec. PLease help with this issue.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    For some reason predator sense works only on the OEM windows 10 home which your laptop comes with and it doesn't work on any other windows. Some user reported that he managed to get it to work by changing the registry, but I am unfamiliar of how it is done.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    IamSash said:
    Dear techies,
                 I changed my stock OS(Win 10 home) to Win 10 pro. After Installation i tried to install drivers. At that time I installed predator sense. Successfully installed .But when i open that from program files. It automatically closing in 1 sec. PLease help with this issue.
    How did you do this? I did this last evening, and the upgrade was a super easy one... with barely needing more than one reboot to load additional software (home to pro). Did you go in for a fresh install? And even when i installed win 10 home clean (from win 7) before i upgraded to pro, it was pretty straightforward and windows loaded all the needed drivers.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018
    ven98 said:
    For some reason predator sense works only on the OEM windows 10 home which your laptop comes with and it doesn't work on any other windows. Some user reported that he managed to get it to work by changing the registry, but I am unfamiliar of how it is done.
    @ven98
    I clean installed windows 10 Home downloaded from Microsoft site.
    Downloaded the predator sense from acer site and installed it. Worked fine.
    Upgraded to windows 10 Pro.
    Predator Sense working still.
    Did not do any registry settings changes whatsoever.

Note: The only thing that is not working is the GPU normal-faster-turbo. Whatever I select, it is always getting to turbo speeds when needed. This is something the 1803 windows update broke.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045