ES15 Airplane mode on and greyed out-no wireless, no audio devices and windows firewall not working

Options
LindnArden
LindnArden Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi there 
after a windows update I think (not an expert here !) the wifi disappeared and even an ethernet connection didn't work then I saw the airplane mode was on but greyed out so I couldn't do anything with it.....all very odd...any ideas - I have tried all the usual ways of turning it off but no joy
Acer Aspire ES1531 and windows 10
Any ideas ??
cheers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,164 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Settings(click the gear wheel at start), click Network and Internet tile, click Airplane mode in the left pane and switch it Off.

• diana-morrissey
    diana-morrissey Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    im trying to help my friend with her acer desktop running windows 10 pro. her computer is connected to ethernet and says airplane mode is on but there isnt even an icon in network settings. we tried to reset the computer but that didnt work. any suggestions?
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,784 Pathfinder
    Options
    Try to do power drain first.
    Since its the desktop , unplug all wires that connect to the tower and press&hold the power button on the tower for 40 seconds.
    than try BIOS default
    BIOS Default: As soon as you press the power button keep pressing the DEL key, so that it will take you to BIOS utility page. Now press F9 and press enter than press f10 and press enter. your unit will restart.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Oaklegs
    Oaklegs Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    The flight mode button is greyed out so I cannot move it and thus cannot get WI-FI. I thought I might get some good advice here but no such luck. I tried FN + The tower and FN + Pr Scrn but nothing works.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,164 Trailblazer
    Options
    Oaklegs said:
    The flight mode button is greyed out so I cannot move it and thus cannot get WI-FI. I thought I might get some good advice here but no such luck. I tried FN + The tower and FN + Pr Scrn but nothing works.
    Hi,
    Could you please start a new thread, so that many will see your post, go to main page and click "Ask a question" on the top right, thanks.